Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

As has often been pointed out though, the constitution says nothing about the availability of ammunition.  It just says you can have all the guns you want, go for it!

The Legendary Shark

Are we sure Americans don't have the right just to bear coats of arms? I mean, has anybody checked? They'd look pretty foolish if it was all actually about heraldry...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 February, 2018, 05:52:31 PM
Are we sure Americans don't have the right just to bear coats of arms? I mean, has anybody checked? They'd look pretty foolish if it was all actually about heraldry...

'A well-regulated livery'.

Tjm86

I've got a well pickled liver if that's any use?   :-*

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 February, 2018, 05:55:42 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 February, 2018, 05:52:31 PM

'A well-regulated livery'.
The right the arm bears with bear coats.

von Boom

Are we quite sure this all isn't down to a spelling error? Perhaps it was a right to bare arms.

Tjm86

Now we're straying into #MeToo territory.  Is there any way we can shoehorn Brexit into this?

The Legendary Shark

Hmmm - we could say that even though the U.S. has a gun problem, we have an entire country that's shot itself in the foot...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Iain McNicol, the man who... erm "oversaw" the increased democratisation of the Labour Party and its surge in membership to be the largest left wing party in Europe has resigned.  It has naturally turned a bit panto with the usual "man was a c##t"/"no he wasn't!" back and forth, but no clues as to why he's naffed off from a cushy ride on the gravy train at this particular moment.
Is there a new centrist party in the works?  That's Brexit solved, then.

Tweaked to adjust the not allowed here word...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor Bear on 23 February, 2018, 08:08:08 PM
Tweaked to adjust the not allowed here word...

So glad it was basically only me that got banned for that. Although it wasn't actually a bannable offence when I got banned. And in the specific infraction that got me my temp ban, I'd self-censored the word and it wasn't even spelled out in full. What larks!

(See many previous past posts about the opacity of moderation policy on here. Specifically because I know being a mod is a horrible job and a more clearly defined and visible set of policies would make their lives easier.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

I got banned for the same offence, though I'd missed the thread that established the rule. (Listen to the latest Mega City Book podcast for more details, Earthlets!)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tiplodocus

To be fair, should we have to be told that name calling and use of bad language is not allowed?

I know I'm a f#cking c@#t for both.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

JayzusB.Christ

Can YOU think of a better word to describe Nigel Farage?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 February, 2018, 11:30:24 AM
Can YOU think of a better word to describe Nigel Farage?

Call a spode a spode, that's my motto.  And as Farage represents the type-fossil for the species C*ntis rex, no better term exists.