Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

John Wick.......for the fifth time. Such a cool film with some great memorable dialogue and fantastic action sequences.  Got my second viewing of John Wick 2 coming up on Saturday and I can't wait.

Smith

A fish called Wanda I kinda remember that being funnier. :-\
Btw,anyone knows a good kaiju movie besides Godzilla and Gamera series(I kinda watched them all)?

Hawkmumbler

For Toho none big G titles, Mothra, Rodan and War of the Gargantuas are pretty damn excellent. The Mysterians ain't half bad either.

Outside if Toho, Ultraman The Next is the greatest Ultra movie, and despite not being a kaiju movie persay the Kamen Rider 90's trilogy was pretty damn good (Shin, ZO, and J).

Finally for a slightly dufferent kaiju, theres Gorgo.

Smith

I watched the Mothra series and some other Toho stuff.But the other stuff I will check out.Thanks.

Mardroid

Wonder woman.

I enjoyed that a lot, although I [spoiler]wondered about that new power too. At least it was kind of established early in the film, although that seemed to be more like she was emitting a concussive blast out of her bracelets, rather than the Yoda trick she did with the lightening, later. I think the point is that as a god killing weapon she can deflect their own powers back at them, possibly magnified. Its a bit different from her comic power-set, but I guess it differentiates her powers a bit more from Superman. [/spoiler]

Mardroid

Just realised the comments I were referring to were actually in a dedicated Wonderwoman thread! Never mind...

Theblazeuk

John Wick 2... I was a bit bored to be honest. Loved the first one.

SIP

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 18 June, 2017, 09:24:37 PM
John Wick 2... I was a bit bored to be honest. Loved the first one.

You are officially not in my cool book. John Wick 2 rules.

Tiplodocus

Disney's THE BLACK HOLE

From a scientific accuracy perspective, this is more like THE SHIT HOLE but do you know what? I kinda liked it. It's does not overstay it's welcome, it manages to give some character to four of the main cast (admittedly one of those by sole virtue of being voiced by Roddy McDowell) and the production design and John Barry score are both jolly good.

Plus, I love the fact that studios after "the next Star Wars" were given the likes of Dune and this with [spoiler]it's Heaven and Hell [/spoiler]ending.  "We can't put that on a fucking lunch box!"
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tjm86

The Black Hole was always a guilty pleasure from my youth.  Films like Tron, Blade Runner, the Star Wars trilogy, the Star Trek's were the pinnacles but films like this, the Last Starfighter, Flash Gordon ... films to watch with the brain disengaged really.  The visuals of TBH were really what made it for me.  VINCENT, BOB, Maximillian, the Security Robots, ...

... that and having the story LP.  Unfortunately I can still quote great swathes of the film from memory!  Sad but true.

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 19 June, 2017, 10:40:48 AM
The Black Hole was always a guilty pleasure from my youth.  Films like Tron, Blade Runner, the Star Wars trilogy, the Star Trek's were the pinnacles but films like this, the Last Starfighter, Flash Gordon ... films to watch with the brain disengaged really.  The visuals of TBH were really what made it for me.  VINCENT, BOB, Maximillian, the Security Robots, ...

... that and having the story LP.  Unfortunately I can still quote great swathes of the film from memory!  Sad but true.

Some great films there - and some of the best robots committed to film!

JamesC

Maximillian is still genuinely scary.

The less said about the 'Robomen' or whatever they call the cyborg lackeys the better.

Has anyone watched The Ice Pirates lately? That's one I loved as a kid but haven't seen it since sometime in the 80s.

von Boom

I watch The Black Hole every now and again. It's still a guilty pleasure for me. Such a strangely dark film from Disney.

Smith

Snatch,The only truly funny Brad Pitt movie.Funny question,did Rade Šerberdžija ever play anything other then a Russian villain?
Jokes aside,it a lot like Two Smoking Barrels,but its a good movie.

Daveycandlish

I think I've seen Black Hole more often than I've seen Star Wars.

And I watch Flash Gordon every time it's on telly.

Love 'em!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!