Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

They must of heard you just revealed the world at law and mutants in mega city one, think that should be all the original 80 announced now

Davgardo

Quote from: moly on 18 August, 2017, 03:02:31 PM
They must of heard you just revealed the world at law and mutants in mega city one, think that should be all the original 80 announced now

And there was me thinking we'd escaped Pan African Judges. Not looking forward to that at all: one to file away with Calhab Justice and Beyond the Iron Curtain and just put up with the spine image having a few gaps.

Tomwe

Quote from: moly on 18 August, 2017, 03:02:31 PM
just one more presumably 'themed' book, Volume 69, unaccounted for.

IndigoPrime

QuoteFrom future Africa to the South American jungle, from a floating palace housing the Japanese royal family to a Brit-Cit PsiJudge trapped in 1586, these stories delve into the ever stranger and more obscure corners of the Dreddverse!
Not all Pan-Africa, at least. I'm looking forward to the Mutants book in that pairing though.

EDazzling

Pan-African Judges, Tiger Sun Dragon Moon, Any other guesses? I didn't like TSDM much at all when I read the meg floppy last year

oddballuk

Quote from: EDazzling on 18 August, 2017, 03:34:57 PM
Pan-African Judges, Tiger Sun Dragon Moon, Any other guesses? I didn't like TSDM much at all when I read the meg floppy last year

From the cover credits I'm guessing Zancudo (Spurrier/Kennedy) and Cabal (Salmon) are also in this volume.

Tomwe

Quote from: EDazzling on 18 August, 2017, 03:34:57 PM

Bit of Barney digging: Si Spurrier & Cam Kennedy suggests "Zancudo"?

The Monarch

it is all of pan african theres only two short series of it after all xd

The Monarch

seriously though two series of pan african, zancudo, tiger sun hidden moon and (oddly) deathwatch: Faust & Falsehood seem to be the contents

EDazzling

abelardsnazz

I remember some impressive art by Siku in Pan-African Judges but not much else about it.

Mad City is pretty much Dredd 101, with a fantastic line-up of creators and stories, and it would also make a great introduction for anyone interested in Dredd but hadn't read it before. A cracking volume.

Volume 69 I think would be one that links the Cursed Earth back to the city - a Long Walk theme perhaps?

robert_ellis

I thought Mad City was fantastic. I'd really like more volumes of quick quirky Dredd mixing old & new. i really liked seeing all the annual stories in this volume. I think this series has really tested my patience in the early months with obscure, out-of-sequence stories but has really hit its stride lately.

Tomwe

Patrick Goddard's posted his original pencil layouts for the spine art on his IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYA9M2SlUv1/?taken-by=paddyg74

If that section beyond the Brit Cit judge is the extension who can you see? Are they just more characters that have been included already? Judge Child, Necromancer, Janus, Stan Lee, Cal Hab Judge. Who is wearing the top hat?

Steve Green

Pete Wells

Hey fellas, just wanted to say a massive thank you to those of you who have been keeping this thread going and also those who have been updating the Wikipedia page. Both have been extremely useful, you all deserve KTTs!