Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

On the other hand,Hunting Party is something of a favorite of mine,so that's cool.

The Monarch

hmm its not quite complete red razors there was one more story after the big one

Richard

That was Rite of Passage in prog 971.

But in my opinion, the less we see of Red Razors the better.

EDazzling

5 or 6 pages away from completion? That's a ballache.

Dark Jimbo

Normally, but... I have to agree with Richard on this one!
@jamesfeistdraws

James Stacey

IndigoPrime

Davgardo

I enjoyed The Black Museum but it did get a bit samey: these strips are great as part of an anthology but one after the other? I think that a bit more imagination could have been put into these type of volumes: instead of a 'Complete...' why not just pick the best 15 strips and then throw in 10 or so classic Dredd strips that tie in loosely? That Alan Grant Noah's Ark story..... :o

For example, as much as I enjoyed the 'Fatties' volume, strip after strip of eating contests did wear me down. I felt that we could easily have omitted a couple of those and included, say, The Alabammy Blimps, which would've made for a much more readable book.

IndigoPrime

I suppose the themes are part of the point. If you want variety, just buy the Case Files.

Davgardo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 June, 2017, 10:07:01 AM
I suppose the themes are part of the point. If you want variety, just buy the Case Files.

Yes, well, obviously themed volumes are the point. I was pondering on how they could've injected some variety without losing that.

Steve Green

Make every other one a foreign language version.

Fungus

Don't read books start-to-finish. Buy a bookmark.

abelardsnazz

The Facebook page has put up issue 67: Insurrection.

EDazzling

Excellent. I've been waiting for that one, I haven't read a 40K comic in years. Frank Quitely's my GOAT as well, so it's a top month.

IndigoPrime