Main Menu

Mega(zin) marathon

Started by Smith, 09 January, 2017, 06:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Smith on 19 June, 2017, 11:56:37 AM
Insurrection.[/b]Its a good story,but it doesn't fit into JD-universe.Unless it happens in a far future,but thats never stated.I know Abnett denied this being a rewrite of a WH40K story,but it sure look and feels a lot like one.
Space Marines SJS,InquisitorJudge,Tyranids/orcs/whatever Zhind.There,all done,get me Tharg on line one.

Actually, Tharg approached Dabnett and explicitly asked for a WH40k-style Dredd-world strip. It doesn't really make too much sense, no, but it's such a damn fine story I'm happy to have it around as a sort of Elseworlds style thing.
@jamesfeistdraws

CalHab

It makes absolutely no sense in the Dredd continuity. It would have been better off as its own thing.

It is rather good, though, and led on to the wonderful Lawless.

Smith

Exactly.Did nobody think the readers would find it weird that SJS has their own space fleet?Or again,it could be in the future and nobody bothered to tell us.Anyway,It really would have been better off as its own thing.

CalHab

Initially I thought that it was set in Dredd's future, but that would render the many, many plotlines about the possible collapse of MC1/the Judge system rather pointless.

Smith

But i also cant place it in the present.So yeah...
Sad news,Rennie droid is leaving us to pursue a career in the gaming industry. :-\
Magic Bullet and Psycho Block are the longer Dredd stories here.Tales From Black Museum are back.So is Armitage;and with each new story Im more and more convinced he outstayed his welcome.And I don't recall Tank Girl running for this long.My memory really does play tricks on me.
Terminator Salvation is here.TV picks are 24,CSI,Deadwood,Wire,Torchwood...

Smith

#294 Its Tour of Duty.Snake-Eyes is back.And we meet Rogan,another cowboy (ex)judge who doesn't get along with Dredd.There is a sequel pitch.Then the one with werewolf mercenaries.That was interesting.
Tempest,again.Stan Lee is back,again.I regretted saying I would like to see Darren Dead again.
Judge Dredd: Lost Cases is a new strip.Which,IIRC,didn't last that long.So maybe we see it in a Meg supplement in the future?

Smith

Also,anyone noticed how Mills' interviews tend to go into why-I-hate-Andy-Diggle territory?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Smith on 30 June, 2017, 06:41:26 PM
Also,anyone noticed how Mills' interviews tend to go into why-I-hate-Andy-Diggle territory?

It's because he hates Andy Diggle.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 June, 2017, 07:31:03 PM

It's funny because it's true

Smith

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 June, 2017, 07:31:03 PM

I noticed.

Smith

Codename Weasel-the one where they parody Wolverine.Black Museum has a Terminator meets City of the Damned story.One of the alternate futures glimpsed shows a Walter Mechanismo unit.Okay,that needs to happen.
Meat also deserves a mention.
House of Vyle is one of the better Anderson stories in recent times.Tank Girl is gone.But Lily Mackenzie will try to establish itself as its spiritual successor.Yeah,that's another one I never cared about.
Johnny Woo 2-parter.Didn't expect to see him again.

Smith

#305 His namesh Dredd!Judge Dredd!
The James Bond parody might be the only genuinely funny Dredd story by Ewing.
Unpopular opinion,but I liked Hondo City Justice.I have seen a lot of people cry racism,but who cares?Its Japan of in the Judge Dredd universe;Animeland approach is kinda expected.  :)
Insurrection 2 is here,but I already said everything there.
And the perfectly bland Samizdat Squad starts.
We had a retrospective of Battle and Action.

Smith

Moving on we have Numbercruncher-interesting idea but dragged on a bit too long.A Rico/Koburn team-up.Appearance of Rage against the Megs.That will become important.
And the start of (drum-roll,please) American Reaper.I know most people here hate it,but for me,it fails to evoke any emotions.  :|

Smith

Snapshot is another creator owned series.Its okay.Strange and Darke are here.I really hope that there is a sequel in the works.The Adjudicators is making fun of the Avengers.I like a nice superhero parody in Dredd once in a while.Samizdat Squad,still.And Hondo City Justice with some sweet Kaiju action. :)

Smith

American Reaper,Hondo City Justice,Streets of Dan Francisco,Insurrection 3 and the one where Dredd kisses a guy.Its a fantasy,as it turns out.I remember the attempt to drum up some controversy with this one.