Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mega(zin) marathon  (Read 5295 times)

Dark Jimbo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Grobbendonk spoke gibberish, a fringeworld dialect
    • View Profile
    • DarkJimbo on Deviantart
Re: Mega(zin) marathon
« Reply #150 on: 19 June, 2017, 12:26:28 pm »
Insurrection.[/b]Its a good story,but it doesn't fit into JD-universe.Unless it happens in a far future,but thats never stated.I know Abnett denied this being a rewrite of a WH40K story,but it sure look and feels a lot like one.
Space Marines SJS,InquisitorJudge,Tyranids/orcs/whatever Zhind.There,all done,get me Tharg on line one.

Actually, Tharg approached Dabnett and explicitly asked for a WH40k-style Dredd-world strip. It doesn't really make too much sense, no, but it's such a damn fine story I'm happy to have it around as a sort of Elseworlds style thing.

CalHab

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 19 June, 2017, 01:42:22 pm »
It makes absolutely no sense in the Dredd continuity. It would have been better off as its own thing.

It is rather good, though, and led on to the wonderful Lawless.

Smith

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 19 June, 2017, 03:32:48 pm »
Exactly.Did nobody think the readers would find it weird that SJS has their own space fleet?Or again,it could be in the future and nobody bothered to tell us.Anyway,It really would have been better off as its own thing.

CalHab

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 19 June, 2017, 04:20:24 pm »
Initially I thought that it was set in Dredd's future, but that would render the many, many plotlines about the possible collapse of MC1/the Judge system rather pointless.

Smith

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 19 June, 2017, 05:46:24 pm »
But i also cant place it in the present.So yeah...
Sad news,Rennie droid is leaving us to pursue a career in the gaming industry. :-\
Magic Bullet and Psycho Block are the longer Dredd stories here.Tales From Black Museum are back.So is Armitage;and with each new story Im more and more convinced he outstayed his welcome.And I don't recall Tank Girl running for this long.My memory really does play tricks on me.
Terminator Salvation is here.TV picks are 24,CSI,Deadwood,Wire,Torchwood...