Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Same on my, shop-bought editions too. That's a shame, that is. I would say that when the spine image is such an important part of the package, it's vital to get it right. Otherwise, why bother?
SBT

abelardsnazz

As a newcomer to Dante I was looking forward to finding out what all the fuss was about. I wasn't disappointed. Swashbuckling sci-fi, great humour, intrigue....all tremendous fun. I'm a big fan of Dredd so not sure Nikolai can usurp his top spot for me, but we'll see. Can't wait for more.

Tomwe

Official line on the spine art:

QuoteDue to the nature of the printing process, there may sometimes be very minor differences on the height of the spine between books.
However, these differences are very minimal and should not affect the overall look of your collection. If you are unsatisfied with your issue you can of course return it for a replacement, but due to the nature of the printing process your replacement may well have the same small discrepancy within the tolerance of the printer's production process.

Key mistake here seems to be the word 'height'. My photo has a slightly shorter vol4 but I was clear which books I was complaining about.

Can't really be bothered to pursue any further.

The Monarch

wierdly my spines fine is it just something that affects only some?

Tomwe

Quote from: The Monarch on 20 December, 2017, 01:52:32 PM
I guess so - Mattofthespurs suggested his were OK too. I think the error is on issue 5 rather than the new book. If anyone could share a photo I can compare which is wrong.

IndigoPrime

From a FB DM:

QuoteWe have escalated this issue with our team, they are looking into the print error.

Communication will shortly follow on a remedy for this error

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tomwe on 20 December, 2017, 01:58:33 PM
Quote from: The Monarch on 20 December, 2017, 01:52:32 PM
I guess so - Mattofthespurs suggested his were OK too. I think the error is on issue 5 rather than the new book. If anyone could share a photo I can compare which is wrong.

Mine does look better than the pic that was posted but until I get #20 I can't be sure for certain.

Tomwe

The mod on the FB page has continued to be as helpful as possible, despite the message returned to them by Hachette I posted earlier.

This hasty illustration using their own images shows it's #5 that's the problem and there are some who've gotten books without the error so I'm asking for a new copy.

karlos

Just seen in Matt Smiths' intro to Nemesis vol. 2 that he states ABC Warriors The Black Hole is in volumes #23 and #24.

Tomwe

Quote from: karlos on 20 December, 2017, 09:33:40 PM
Just seen in Matt Smiths' intro to Nemesis vol. 2 that he states ABC Warriors The Black Hole is in volumes #23 and #24.
Yeah I read that too- makes sense as Mek Files 1&2 are off balance as far page length goes. Hope the second  ABC Warriors Book in the collection isn't too far off then.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tomwe on 21 December, 2017, 09:03:46 AM
Yeah I read that too- makes sense as Mek Files 1&2 are off balance as far page length goes. Hope the second  ABC Warriors Book in the collection isn't too far off then.

That's dissapointing - I'd rather have had Meknificent Seven and Black Hole in seperate books. Particularly after the Mek Files, all I want is a matching hardback version of the Millsverse where I don't have to keep skipping backwards and forwards between volumes as I read.
@jamesfeistdraws

karlos

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 21 December, 2017, 10:12:17 AM
Quote from: Tomwe on 21 December, 2017, 09:03:46 AM

That's dissapointing - I'd rather have had Meknificent Seven and Black Hole in seperate books. Particularly after the Mek Files, all I want is a matching hardback version of the Millsverse where I don't have to keep skipping backwards and forwards between volumes as I read.

Agreed.

IndigoPrime

Hard to see how this could have been avoided, given the page count requirements. Either you lose a big chunk of ABC Warriors, or you have to run a load of content out of order (which is something people complained about with Dredd). Looking at the pre-reboot run, you have about 450 pages of strip, which fits within the 200–250-page partwork demands. (At least for this series – some of the Marvel books are very skinny.)

So it seems we'll have Mek 7 and the bulk of Black Hole in the first book, and then the remainder of Black Hole and the Walker-illustrated Khaos/Hellbringer stuff in the second one.

Jade Falcon

Bit of an observation here.  I have the Nemesis Case Files size books.  I was rereading the Gothic Empire but in the new book, and is it a reproduction issue, or is it just me?  The hardback was the first time I noticed that Frankensteins nurse had a hunchback.

Silly thing to notice I know but....
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tjm86

No, she always had a hunchback.   :-\