Main Menu

Prop sale

Started by Steve Green, 26 October, 2012, 03:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

There are bound to be small and relatively inexpensive items that may catch your eye!

Stan

Like a lock of Karl Urban's hair. ♥

COMMANDO FORCES

Didn't you get one of those at the fan screening ;)

von Boom

As much as I'd love to bid, I don't have any funds for this. Just as well I guess. Sigh.

Stan

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 January, 2013, 01:07:16 PM
Didn't you get one of those at the fan screening ;)

I don't even remember that being organised. I think it was all done behind my back. :'(

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 January, 2013, 10:00:39 PM

What sort of money would this go for? Could be tempted, but how much roughly would expect to have to pay?

Steve Green

Wild guess, £5K+.

There are a lot of costumes on the site that go for less than that, but it's a new film and a costume that is for a prominent character, and is more complex and bespoke than some of the others on there.

dracula1

Fucking hell the film people must be desparate to recoup the loss on the film with prices like that. Are they not hanging on to any props for the sequel ?

;)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: dracula1 on 21 January, 2013, 06:06:13 PM
Fucking hell the film people must be desparate to recoup the loss on the film with prices like that.

Bidding for every item starts at a £1.

dracula1

Thats still to much, there's a recession on!

dracula1

On closer inspection of the excellent Lex oufit, has the slash through the helmet badge got any symbollic meaning? Also what was the wire model on the floor when Ma Ma got took down by Dredd at the end of the movie?

Steve Green

The Clan Techie was making them in the film.

In reality they were made by (I think) the set designer and they thought they would be cool to put in the film itself.

radiator

Quoteas the slash through the helmet badge got any symbollic meaning?

It looks like certain judge uniforms in the movie have different helmet badges to signify rank, but in Lex's case I'm pretty certain it's just a scratch!

Fisticuffs

I wonder why Lex's helmet is missing not just the visor but also by the looks of it the liner too? Looks like it's just the (fibreglass?) shell.

dracula1

Some nice subtle touches in the film, the wire model could have been constructed by the tech (as Steve mentioned) as he is seen earlier in the film re-wiring the blocks comms and security. I feel the slash on Lex's helmet badge could symbolise his corrupt nature.