Main Menu

Charity Raffle - 3A Dredd, Lawmaster, Death & more - £2 a ticket

Started by Rex Banner, 31 March, 2018, 06:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Banner

Good afternoon

Been a while since I've posted so I thought I would come back with a doozy!

I am running the London Marathon and am fundraising for the charity MACS who support children born without or with underdeveloped eyes and their families.

With that in mind and inspired by Eamonn Clarke I am doing a charity raffle.

Tickets are £2 each, if you pay £10 you get five tickets.

The draw will be held after the closing date of Sunday 15 April. The draw will be videoed and uploaded to youtube.

The prizes:
First prize - 3A Judge Dredd and Lawmaster Brand new. Still sealed in it's cellophane wrappings.
Second Prize - 3A Judge Death Not in cellophane but still sealed on backing card
Third Prize - IDW No. 25 Sketch Cover This is an interesting one because everybody loves IDW Dredd but I am going to Lawgiver this year in May and I will get you a Dredd sketch on the cover from one of the artists in attendance!

To get your virtual ticket please go to my fundraising page:
https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/marathonmatthew

Please add 'Dredd Raffle' in the comments and a name for the tickets and tick the box that lets me email you so I can contact the winners!

Any questions please ask.

Eamonn Clarke

Great work, Matthew. I'm in.

Probably worth noting that Squaxx should tick no to gift aid, as we're receiving virtual raffle tickets, so you don't fall foul of the charitable donations rules.

Bolt-01

Done- and I know I'm not the first, nor shall I be the last.

Fingers crossed I'll see you at Lawgiver.

Rex Banner

Thank you all so much for the support. The response has been fantastic!

One minor snag, someone has donated and kept their contact details and their donation amount anonymous. I have their name but I don't recognise them. If your initials are L W and you do want to be entered into the raffle then please contact me.

Rex Banner

Mardroid

Rex Banner

Bumping for the weekend!

Will draw the winners on Monday early evening so get in while you can.

Huge thanks to all those taking part.

Bolt-01

Rex Banner

Many, many thanks to all those that contributed.

In total £380 was raised and goes a long way to helping MACS and the work they do.

For those that wish to see a fair bit of fumbling in a nail biting video you can see the draw here -  https://youtu.be/FxEf7xUJWl8

The winner of the first prize was Jim Campbell!
The winner of the second prize was Jim Campbell!
The winner of the third prize was Jim Campbell!

(I think next time I decide to run a marathon and have a charity raffle I should specify that one prize per winner but I didn't this time...)

However, Jim very generously suggested I draw again for second and third prize which I did and so -

The winner of the second prize was Steve Green
The winner of the third prize was Karl Russell

Again, many, many thanks. I think it's safe to say that the galaxy's greatest comic has the galaxy's greatest fans!

Steve Green

What are the odds on that?

Congratulations to Jim and the other winner, thanks for mine and well done!

Cheers

Steve

Bolt-01

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

Bolt-01

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 April, 2018, 09:06:34 AM
Oh, poo! Completely forgot to enter this!

Jimbo- I'm sure you could still support Rex is his marathon running if you wanted to...

Rex Banner

Again, a huge thank you to all who helped me reach my goal and helped MACS raise almost £200K which for a small charity is simply fantastic.

I finished in five hours six minutes and enjoyed every step. The heat was brutal but the crowds and atmosphere was out of this world!

If you ever get chance, do it.

Thank you

Matthew