Main Menu

Recent posts

Film & TV / Re: Apple TV Neuromancer Serie...
Last post by Proudhuff - Today at 03:06:56 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 25 April, 2024, 03:18:44 PMI can't remember where I heard the quote, which was about media, but it was "90% of everything is shit". And then there's Shogun.
Think that was pope John Paul II
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by karlos - Today at 02:30:58 PM
What's in Anderson Psi Div N.W.O. ?
Last post by Tomwe - Today at 01:38:18 PM
Skip Tracer!
The Hershey series?
Feral & Foe?
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 01:25:36 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 April, 2024, 07:59:01 PMAnd almost 20(!) unknowns. It'll be interesting to see what they're filled with. A few more Dredd books must be on the way.
Likely:
- Brink
- Thistlebone
- Dreadnoughts
- SinDex and Azimuth volume or two
- Neimand Magatropolis and Dredd volume or two
- Wyatt/Williams Dredd volume
- Aquila

Possibly:

- a Carroll book with Vex completed and some Dredd?
- I think more Scarlet Traces is on the way? package it with some Edgington Fiends and / or Dredd?
- Maybe a classic thrill volume with the likes of Ant Wars and Mach 0?
- Remaining classic Dredd - the uncollected Ron Smith perhaps.
- Milligan - Freaks and Devils Railroad?
- Rogue - Blighty valley and other odds and sods?
- any remaining Lawless?
- Surfer?
- Best of Regened?
Last post by The Monarch - Today at 12:54:14 PM
so the last two volumes of this extension is the order and possibly a dredd story then?
Games / Re: Gamebooks
Last post by Barrington Boots - Today at 11:03:30 AM
Quote from: Richard on Today at 10:35:13 AMThanks mate. I actually did get through it without dying! There aren't many combats, although I was one point away from being killed by the Death Stone. The book is pretty forgiving, until you meet Myurr anyway. How did you beat him?

Nice! I got through on my 6th attempt. My saddest death using 'detect demon' on the monster on the cover thinking it was an illusion (it was not).
With Myurr, I had the magic sword still and I threw all my holy water over him - although looking at the book now I might be getting the fight muddled with the one in Vault of the Vampire (where you can also throw holy water) as I do remember destroying the special item as well..

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on Today at 10:39:21 AMHopefully this is appropriate to the thread, but I've just listened to the latest 'Imaginary Worlds' podcast which, although I haven't played a gamebook myself in decades, I found a great listen — it's about the Lone Wolf series, and the unenviable task Joe Dever's son was given to finish the series... literally by his father on his deathbed!

I will check this out today! Thanks for the heads up!
Last post by Jim_Campbell - Today at 10:39:21 AM
Hopefully this is appropriate to the thread, but I've just listened to the latest 'Imaginary Worlds' podcast which, although I haven't played a gamebook myself in decades, I found a great listen — it's about the Lone Wolf series, and the unenviable task Joe Dever's son was given to finish the series... literally by his father on his deathbed!

Probably well worth a listen if gamebooks are your thing.
Last post by Richard - Today at 10:35:13 AM
Thanks mate. I actually did get through it without dying! There aren't many combats, although I was one point away from being killed by the Death Stone. The book is pretty forgiving, until you meet Myurr anyway. How did you beat him?
Last post by Barrington Boots - Today at 09:51:17 AM
Really enjoyed reading that, thanks for taking the time to put that together dude! Did you get through without dying? You were right to avoid that pond, I misinterpreted the clue from the avatar anout water and jumped into it, and got melted.

Having played this one quite recently, it's interesting that you took quite a different route to me through the book, with different skills, and even won the final battle in a different manner. That's the mark of a good book I think and this certainly is that.
Last post by sintec - Today at 09:29:51 AM
Very happy to see the rest of Savage and Defoe being added to the collection. Seem to remember that last Defoe story having some stunning art.

Hope is another one where I bought the 2 trades in a sale a couple of years back. Guess those can join the pile of stuff I've ended up with doubles of. Gonna have to have a clear out at some point.

Have we seen the spine art for the latest extension yet?