Main Menu

Digital Progs going back 2004, but a slight problem

Started by The Adventurer, 08 January, 2016, 06:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Its great that Rebellion continues to add new back content the online Storefront, and the digital app. With Progs going back to 2004 now, it encompasses my entire personal history with 2000 AD. Which makes me want to go back to the beginning and work my forward digitally.

However, and this has been kind of an ongoing issue whenever Rebellion updates another back catalog year, without the Annual 200X Prog to kick off the year, you can't start a new year's worth of content on Chapter 1. I know Rebellion considers the yearly Prog part of the previous year's line-up (Prog 2004 is a 2003 issue, etc... and that being weird to me is neither here, nor there). But I would like to see it included with the latest content update. And I can't be the only one. I hope to see the back catalog grow further, maybe as far back as Prog 2000 and the Rebellion take over (maybe even further?!) But I'd really just like Prog 2004 to be added with the Year 2004 content. That's all.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I, Cosh

I hadn't noticed that. This is unbelievably silly: it doesn't make any sense at all to group them by release date rather than cover date.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Cosh on 08 January, 2016, 07:38:26 AM
I hadn't noticed that. This is unbelievably silly: it doesn't make any sense at all to group them by release date rather than cover date.
Ive thought about this for two seconds now and obviously it makes perfect sende. It's still a bit daft not to have Prog 20004 or whatever available.
We never really die.

2000ADWebDroid

Hi -the good news is that we'll be releasing all the Prog and Meg back issues from 2003 next week (including discounted whole-year "bundles" - available both through the apps and on the Rebellion Account Portal shop), including the "Prog 2004" Christmas Special. We're also planning to release the "Prog 2003" Christmas Special from 2002 at the same time, for the reasons outlined by the Adventurer in the first post.

It's unlikely we'll be releasing the rest of the 2002 back issues for a while, though, as going that far back, we don't have existing digital files for these, so would require manual scanning and manual editing from our reference print copies, which would take some time.

Another thing we'll be doing shortly (maybe next week...) is updating the functionality (again) of the Rebellion Account Portal website, so that when you view a product, the list of stories it contains will be active links showing you all the other Progs/Megs etc. that contain other episodes in that story, so that these can be tracked-down more easily.

As always, from this site you can download to your computer all products that you've bought through our iOS and Android apps as DRM-free PDF and/or CBZ files, at no extra charge, if you log in with the same email and password as you use on the apps (also works the other way around i.e. anything you buy through the Rebellion Account Portal shop will be available to download and view in the apps, if logged in).

We're also changing the way purchasing works on the Rebellion Account Portal, by implementing a "Shopping Basket", to make purchase multiple items at once less of a chore. This should be live by next week, as well as some other website improvements.

BTW if buying from the UK, individual Progs are currently a little cheaper on the Rebellion Account Portal shop than on the apps, if you want to save a few pennies...

2000ADWebDroid

Hi - the digital 2003 Prog and Meg back issues were released today (including discounted whole-year "collections" for these), here:

2003 Progs:
https://account.rebellion.co.uk/2000ad/products/category/46

2003 Megs:
https://account.rebellion.co.uk/2000ad/products/category/76

We were planning on releasing the Christmas Prog from 2002 today too, as that contains part 1 of many of the stories in the first Prog of 2003, but this has been delayed a little - however we should being able to make that available soon.