Main Menu

New Poll: So many small-press titles. So little money. What'll you be buying? (multiple choice

Started by 2000AD Online, 28 April, 2005, 11:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

So many small-press titles.  So little money.  What'll you be buying? (multiple choice)

Link: Click to vote

Bolt-01

Good Poll Wake, What are Omnivistascope and the beans one though?

Bolt-01, hopes he can get Tales finished in time...

paulvonscott

Omnivistascope is my new SF comic, so you have no idea yet if it's worth buying ;)

Magic Beans Comics are the work of Ben 'Griefbringer' Clark.  They are exceedingly funny, and very entertaining.  He is bringing loads of new comics to the festival, and has an amazing offer on for them I do believe.

Byron Virgo

Omnivistascope is Paul Scott's secret, hush-hush new sf comic, apparently.

I'm not sure what Magic Beans is, but I'm sure I've picked up a copy before.

Course there's loads that aren't on the list:
-Springheeled Jack
-Rainbow Orchid
-Red Eye
-The 12 Tasks of Herakles
-Commercial Suicide
-Sunny for Girls

and I'm sure there's loads I'm forgetting in my rather brusque manner.

Bolt-01

Ah, been wondering about that one. Deffo one for me.

Tales of the contrary is a collection of strips by Andrew Bartlett and myself, covering about two years so far. Still working on the last one!

Bolt-01

paulvonscott

"Omnivistascope is Paul Scott's secret, hush-hush new sf comic, apparently."

Not that secret, but I was always uncertain as to what would be in it, and what it would be, so preferred just to get on with it.

As it is, I've had a delivery date, and will be posting information on it soon.

Bolt-01

paulvonscott

I still think this is the wrong sort of poll.  Why encourage people to make their minds up before the show?

Dudley

Well, it's not really worth getting into a heated debate over.  I was just interested to see buying intentions before the show, and do a bit of consciousness-raising, particularly among the majority of board members who won't be attending Comics Expo.  I'm sure people are more than capable of changing their minds once they hold a product in their hands.

paulvonscott

"Well, it's not really worth getting into a heated debate over."

Well, thanks for dismissing my views so promptly.

Dudley

Wake!

Would you be willing to delete this poll (& thread if possible)?  

WoD

Easy Fellas...I thought this was just a way of highlighting the various small-press publications on sale at Bristol.  Although I've voted in this poll, please don't think this will be my final decision, it was just a bit of fun.