Main Menu

Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?

Started by dweezil2, 23 July, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 August, 2022, 02:09:08 PM
I tend not to buy action figures and I'm not the biggest fan of Mean but damn if that isn't astonishingly good!

More photos here: news item.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trooper McFad

That's a corker - I'll have to keep the heating off until December to be able to afford many more of these
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

BPP

I mean I'd actually like to see some of them rather than the 20th announced.....
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

lincnash

Quote from: Dash Decent on 24 August, 2022, 01:46:06 PM

Mean is really nice but the thrill-suckers are strong with teeny 1/18 scale (and STILL nothing actually released in this series).
;-)
Hoping the deep pocketed tooth completists buy two of every character (1 to open, 1 to keep "mint in box"?), this series goes well and 1/12 scale see's the light of day. To "size match" with previous manufacturers figures in my (and others?) collections.

lincnash

September is here so these Toof mini-figs will start showing up in shops and those Squaxx who pre-ordered letterboxes, quite soon?
Just as HIYA belatedly promised? (after a few date changes due to worldwide creeping buboes)

https://2000ad.com/news/mean-machine-angel-coming-this-january-from-hiya-toys/

"Due to pressure on international shipping caused by the pandemic dates, the shipping dates for the new range have had to be set back. The new expected shipping dates are as follows:

Judge Dredd – Sep 2022
    Judge Death – Sep 2022
    Judge Anderson – Sep 2022
    Klegg Mercenary – Sep 2022
    Judge Mortis – Oct 2022
    Judge Fire – Oct 2022
    Judge Hershey – Oct 2022
    Judge Fear – Nov 2022
    Judge Giant – Nov 2022
    Lawmaster set – Dec 2022
    Judge Cal – Dec 2022
    Judge Death B&W – Dec 2022"

.. and supposedly MEAN in JAN 2023.
Very interested to see what the overall packaging and figures look like when true Squaxx review them "in hand". May be enough to sway me into at least buying a mini-Klegg or two.

Dash Decent

Here's a video review of the Dredd/Death set: Click!

There's discussion of the pegs holding on the shoulder pads, what is good/bad, etc.  It's also good to see them held in someone's hand.

I also like they use the PROPER Dredd logo for the packaging.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Leigh S

Is it wrong that the Mean Machine is the one to get me on boarded with these figures?

Are there are any reliable places to preorder them from - Zavvi seems to be a  bit erratic by the accounts I;ve heard here and elsewhere when it comes to actually fulfilling preorders.

lincnash

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 September, 2022, 02:10:46 PM
Here's a video review of the Dredd/Death set: Click!

Packaging looks like a BOING™ bubble :-)
Thanks for that.

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 September, 2022, 02:10:46 PM
I also like they use the PROPER Dredd logo for the packaging.
Looks like the old 80's logo from TITAN UK pulps and EAGLE Canada/US colourised reprints to me.
ZARJAZ!!

Starting to trawl 'net for the cheapest options on Klegg pre-orders.
Drokked exchange rate, high International Shipping and additional taxes/duties just turns this old grump off taking the plunge.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Leigh S on 04 September, 2022, 09:56:41 PM
Are there are any reliable places to preorder them from - Zavvi seems to be a  bit erratic by the accounts I;ve heard here and elsewhere when it comes to actually fulfilling preorders.

I received an email from them that they are having trouble with dispatch at the moment. I have to say though - everything else I've ordered in the past has turned up on time. I ordered my HeroQuest sets a year in advance and they arrived on time.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

wedgeski

I saw the sealed monochrome Dredd/Death at Collectormania, and it looked great from the outside, at least.

NapalmKev

Quote from: wedgeski on 05 September, 2022, 09:12:32 AM

Monochrome Dredd/Death.

Got an email from Zavvi today saying mine has been dispatched. Should be here by early next week.
Cheers

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

NapalmKev

Quote from: BPP on 27 September, 2022, 10:03:02 PM
Anyone got these in hand yet?

My monochrome Dredd vs Death has arrived and it is a lovely set. I've tried posting photos here but it keeps saying the file is too large.

Cheers

Trooper McFad

Has anyone received or had updates for (if you've preordered) any of the figures "scheduled" for September release?

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dash Decent

I was checking this out yesterday. Hiya have Dredd and Death available from their own website for US $19.99 each. Postage was a flat $10 for one or both.  I'm umming over Death (and also Dredd because he'll be available with the Lawmaster).  If they had a few other figures available I would have gone for it. I'd rather buy 4 figures later and pay $10 postage than 2 today and 2 later and $20 postage.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll