Main Menu

Shocking Fiends - new Rebellion collections...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 10 June, 2006, 10:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

With respect, Logan, Richard has been doing his trade reviews, with the assembled front-spine-back scans, in this fashion since the DC deal was still new.  I'm also in favor of having multiple threads offering constructive criticism and generally positive reviews of Rebellion's output.  Surely there's room on the message board for more than one review thread?

On that note, I can't be the only one disappointed that the spine doesn't have a disembodied, beardy Moore head staring out at us... but using the old Robin Smith caricature on the back was a great idea!

Now let's get Moore worked up into enough of a tizzy about reprinting that second Snazz story that he mentions this book half as much as he has V for Vendetta, and we'll be into a third printing by Christmas.

Wils

If you still want to pile on, feel free.

This is where we found out that you're naked and smeared with butter, isn't it? ;)

The Amstor Computer

Wils

W. R. Logan

>With respect, Logan, Richard has been doing his trade reviews, with the assembled front-spine-back scans, in this fashion since the DC deal was still new

My one line was:
Didnt you fancy using the thread already started on the topic of the Moore collection?

Dont see where it says I was pissed off or being precious.

W. R. Logan

>For someone who's publicly slagged off the messageboard and very loudly 'left' a while ago, Logan seems to be acting a bit precious about it here (and also over the past few months as a bit of a miserable git about stuff, especially small press)

My public slagging off of the message board was simply because at the time and it still does contain a whole lot of crap. As for my comments on small press its a personal opinion which differs from the usual gushing praise of some very poor work.

ukdane

Amstor, keep 'em coming please. I read them. Starting your own thread is cool for me too, as I find them easier to locate.

Did you get the new edition of DR: Vermin Stars yet?

The spine on my version of DR: Scarlet Cantos is all out of joint :-( Is this just my copy, or all of them?
Cheers

-Daney

Bolt-01

There are some right grumpy arses on this board these days. Amstor, I'm glad you do these, as they are normally very well balanced opinions.

I'll be getting the Moore book when I get the available cash, and I'm plenty happy with the reprint of Fiends from the Meg the other year.

Bolt-01

+rufus+

.....And again, why was the Messageboard link removed from the Home Page?
  ....hmm...
 Hot today isn't it?

The Amstor Computer

UKD --

Still waiting on my copy of The Vermin Stars, I'm afraid. Hopefully it'll be here next week.

What was the problem with your copy of Scarlet Cantos?

Wils

And again, why was the Messageboard link removed from the Home Page?

Heh. Although, tbh, what would this place be like if it was full of nothing but gushing praise and promotions for Rebellion with everyone just following blindly without a brain of their own, like some other boards I've seen? I, personally, couldn't stomach it for very long at all.

Or is the point that Rebellion *wants* good little promotion sheep on the board that'll never answer back or question anything they do?*

*See 'arsey, miserable Tharg' post when we mentioned that DD subbers weren't happy about not getting their annual subscribers' gifts?

I've *still* not had any, btw

Artificial Idiot

Eager to hear what you think about Fiends, I've been holding off reading the new Meg story until I had the reprint of the old... But looking at the price tag, it's rather steep isn't it?

Noisybast

Keep 'em coming, Amstor.

There's no maximum number of threads allowed as far as I'm aware. What's the problem with one more?
Particularly one that's just a *bit* more relevant on a 2000AD site than, say The World Cup Thread...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Art

There's no maximum number of threads allowed as far as I'm aware. What's the problem with one more?

I don't know, other than it's basic messageboard etiquette not to post more than one thread on the same subject?

Wils

Yeah, but Logan's thread basically just informed us that his copy is going next to the bog, whereas Richard's been doing proper review threads like this for *every* book that's been released. If it wasn't for his threads, a lot of people would know jack shit about released collections other than the usually late missives given on the website's news page.