Main Menu

Doctor Who - Season 8

Started by Goaty, 13 July, 2014, 09:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

New trailer features few more about the Season 8, it out on 23rd August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TivqZTq5u6Y

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Looks okay, I especially love that the redesigned Daleks have been forgotten about. They were worse than the new Mini, you don't mess with the classics.

Goaty

Love this moment in new trailer;

Bad City Blue

Watched the leaked episode 1 last night, and it's very, very good - not at all like half of last season.

Some great character interaction, acknowledgement of past annoyance and laugh out loud lines.

I'm not a spolier, except for myself, and I am looking forward to the broadcast version.

I loved Matt Smith, but last season was very boring and confusing.

One thing I will say is it looks like we have another dreaded arc - such an overused convoluted device these days.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Goaty

Goaty

Fungus

Looking forward to this, due to Capaldi. Haven't watched it for years, it's been camp as Christmas since Eccleston left, hard to stomach. And I have tried, several times...

Sideshow Bob

Also looking forward to this....and am hopeful that it will be a 'darker' Dr Who than the previous incarnations....Slightly worried though as I had heard Frank Skinner was getting a role in one of the episodes....but will wait until I see it before passing comment..
Peter Capaldi does look good in the role though !!
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Colin Zeal

I haven't seen a full episode of Who since Sylvester McCoy's day but will be taking Mrs Zeal to the cinema to see the new episode this month. Is there any point in me trying to find out what has happened in the intervening years or should I just go to the cinema and fall asleep? She is a huge Who fan so won't appreciate me asking daft questions about what's going on.

Fungus

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 12 August, 2014, 11:14:31 AM
She is a huge Who fan so won't appreciate me asking daft questions

'Who's that?'  :o

Daveycandlish

Just look at the pretty explosions and don't try and follow the plot.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Goaty

Titles of Doctor Who Season 8.

Deep Breath.
Writer: Steven Moffat
Director: Ben Wheatley

Into The Dalek
Writers: Phil Ford and Steven Moffat
Director: Ben Wheatley

Robot Of Sherwood
Writer: Mark Gatiss
Director: Paul Murphy

Listen
Director: Douglas Mackinnon

Time Heist
Writers: Stephen Thompson and Steven Moffat

The Caretaker
Writers: Gareth Roberts and Steven Moffat
Director: Paul Murphy

Kill The Moon
Writer: Peter Harness
Director: Paul Wilmshurst

Mummy On The Orient Express
Writer: Jamie Mathieson
Director: Paul Wilmshurst

Flatline
Writer: Jamie Mathieson

In The Forest Of The Night
Writer: Frank Cottrell Boyce
Director: Sheree Folkson

Dark Water/Death In Heaven
Director: Rachel Talalay

Colin YNWA

A couple of things - firstly isn't it nice to have a proper full season again (this is a full season right?)

Secondly am I the only one who fines the title 'Into the Dalek' a little weird?

Third did Dan Abnett write these title 'Robot of Sherwood' and 'Mummy on the Orient Express' are puns you'd think he decided to reject?

zombemybabynow

can't wait - fingers crossed - the writing helps the actress who plays clara - no empathy for her last series
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Frank

Ben Wheatley? Seriously? Ben fucking Wheatley? Haven't they seen anything else he's done, or are they really determined to have parents joining their kids hiding behind the couch, quaking with terror? Michael Smiley would make a great villain.