Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

I'd love a copy but as I already have the original collections and the progs I'm not sure I can justify this to my wife!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

The Adventurer

Damn. End of the days and all that.

As someone who won't be able to justify high priced hard cover. Nor really desire one... I really hope for a digital edition someday. Even if I have to buy each Phase individually.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

radiator

Crikey, that's a lot of money for a book.... Think it's safe to say that anyone willing to pay that will be able to get one.

Quote"It will also include later stories by Morrison and Mark Millar."

Anyone know what this means?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 29 May, 2013, 12:09:43 PM
So, how much is this going to cost me?

QuoteThe collection will feature all four series, or 'phases' as well as later stories by Morrison and Mark Millar.

Wait, what? When did Millar ever write Zenith?

He did a text story about an old British working-class man being kept as an exhibit in a superhuman-dominated parallel world.  Not shit, not great.

But Jesus, Zenith collected, eh?   Alan Moore will be writing the next Halo Jones book next.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 29 May, 2013, 12:20:17 PM
Crikey, that's a lot of money for a book.... Think it's safe to say that anyone willing to pay that will be able to get one.

Quote"It will also include later stories by Morrison and Mark Millar."

Anyone know what this means?

The stuff in specials:

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&Comic=Specials&choice=ZENITH

IndigoPrime

Curious to see it's a limited edition, but that presumably—or at least possibly/potentially—gives Morrison/Rebellion (who must have come to some kind of deal) wiggle room in 2014 or later to issue individual phases.

Given the cost, I really really hope the people compiling the book put everything in the right order and that the artwork is super spiffy. I imagine the colour page in Phase I and all of Phase IV might stick out a bit. As for ordering, it's absolutely essential to Zenith that all of the add-ons aren't just lumped at the back, but are placed in context. (This is something that the third Nemesis volume sadly got wrong, placing the [spoiler]story where Nemesis freed Candida[/spoiler] in the extras, when it's essential to the continuity and what subsequently happens.

Still: Zenith. In print. That's a good thing. (And I'll bet those 1000 copies will sell pretty damn quickly.)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 29 May, 2013, 12:21:01 PM
Alan Moore will be writing the next Halo Jones book next.

Ah here; leave it out.

Greg M.

Praise be to the Many-Angled Ones! Not cheap, but I will undoubtedly have to grab a copy.

GordonR

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 May, 2013, 12:23:47 PM
Curious to see it's a limited edition, but that presumably—or at least possibly/potentially—gives Morrison/Rebellion (who must have come to some kind of deal) wiggle room in 2014 or later to issue individual phases.

http://comicsbeat.com/zenith-lives/

The important bit:

Quote'We have informed Grant of our intention to republish, but we maintain that we own the rights to reprinting the series.'

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Uh-oh. I hope this doesn't mean lawyers are about to get involved.

Colin YNWA

Well that is exciting. It does raise questions about whether I can afford it given I've made some moves towards a number of possible original art purchases (ironically with...). Still it'll be a thing of beauty and nice to know everyone is playing nice now. I wonder what agreements have been reached? Is this a one off or has ownership been settled?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 May, 2013, 12:45:40 PM
nice to know everyone is playing nice now. I wonder what agreements have been reached? Is this a one off or has ownership been settled?

I think Gordon gave you a clue.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 29 May, 2013, 12:47:45 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 May, 2013, 12:45:40 PM
nice to know everyone is playing nice now. I wonder what agreements have been reached? Is this a one off or has ownership been settled?

I think Gordon gave you a clue.

Whoops that must have happened mid typing.

Recrewt

Hmmmm, I must admit - Zenith is one of those stories that passed me by.  I remember reading the last phase in 2000ad in the early 90s but not knowing what came before - I was a little lost.  Its always something I have wanted to pick up but as others have mentioned, £100 is too much for me.

CrazyFoxMachine

I like the idea of owning all of Zenith. But I don't £100 like it.