Main Menu

The 2000 AD Messageboard Advent Calendar 2018 COMMENTS Thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2018, 10:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I don't think there's any problem - the schedule is just to make sure that someone's going to do something and we don't have any empty days - there are often several submissions per day and I'm delighted to have a daily does of PJ with whatever else comes up.

JayzusB.Christ

Truly arsom stuff.  Love the Calvin and Hobbes thingy and 'SQUELF' - also is that the Blessed Virgin Mills at the front of the Nativity scene?

I'm ok with PJ posting every day; there was another contributor years back who did the same with a serial he made himself.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

pauljholden

Very much appreciate the thought but I felt initially like I might be treading on toes and then just, like a bull in china shop, continued anyway) so I'll stick to a new thread, besides if it goes according to plan I'll be putting these up past Christmas anyway.

-PJ

pauljholden

(Plus in a new thread I can expound on my thoughts on how I did the pics)

Bad City Blue

Quote from: pauljholden on 06 December, 2018, 03:34:32 PM
(Plus in a new thread I can expound on my thoughts on how I did the pics)

that's good - great art AND information! Winner winner sythi chicken dinner
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

abelardsnazz

Really enjoying Pj's contributions. Wherever they appear, it's a pleasure to see them.

Andy Lambert

Delighted with the reaction my picture has had on Facebook, even got shared by Wagner himself! Cheers, guys!
As for posting stuff on someone else's marked down day - I posted plenty of extra stuff in the past without anyone feeling put out (as far as I know!). As mentioned before, I think it's just a way to make sure every day on the calendar has a contribution from someone. Still, I'll certainly be checking out pauljholden's Dreddcember thread..! 🤩

Andy Lambert

Bolt-01

There is no reason why PJ shouldn't post here as well as his Dreddcember thread. We've had whole serials running through the advent before now with nary a Grinchy comment.

Comes to something when an honest to Grud droid feels he shouldn't be posting on a thread on this board.

TordelBack

pauljholden

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 07 December, 2018, 09:20:42 AM
There is no reason why PJ shouldn't post here as well as his Dreddcember thread. We've had whole serials running through the advent before now with nary a Grinchy comment.

Comes to something when an honest to Grud droid feels he shouldn't be posting on a thread on this board.

Letting it go was easiest; don't want to take away from anyone else's hard work, nor do I want to argue the bit out (though very few things more seasonable than a pointless argument over xmas) (but I do appreciate everyone who's happy to have it in there).

More than happy in my dreddcember thread. DreddThreadcember, were the attention can all BE ON ME. AS IT SHOULD BE.

-PJ

broodblik

Quote from: pauljholden on 07 December, 2018, 01:56:34 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 07 December, 2018, 09:20:42 AM

Letting it go was easiest; don't want to take away from anyone else's hard work, nor do I want to argue the bit out (though very few things more seasonable than a pointless argument over xmas) (but I do appreciate everyone who's happy to have it in there).

More than happy in my dreddcember thread. DreddThreadcember, were the attention can all BE ON ME. AS IT SHOULD BE.

-PJ

At least tell me that you are working on the next chapter of Hunted  :D
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

shaolin_monkey

Nice one Bagley - loving the crayon art!  Great concept too!

Colin YNWA

PJ must do what PJ must do BUT please folks all pile in on a given day if you have something. Its ever been so.

Sometimes folks miss slots for all sorts of good reasons and if we have wonderful folks like PJ able to produce wonders at such a rate it means we've always got not just a back up, but another treat. I remember so fondly the year Andy Lambert seem to be popping treats out at an indecent rate. It was such a joy. There have been others.

Think of it this way. You open ya advent calendar on a given day and you get one lovely choccie. Yum, nice one. Now imagine opening the same window and getting 4 choccies, each as lovely and velvetly scrummy as the last. Four times yummy - I love 4 times yummy.

Now imagine cos we've scared off our multiple choccie providing champions of milky delight and some poor bugger misses their slot for whatever good reason. Imagine that. JUST IMAGINE. Not only not 4 x yummy. Not even yummy BUT no chocolate goodness. No Yummy.

DO YOU WANT NO YUMMY - WELL DO YOU.

Please PJ and anyone else who wants to chip in do so, or I'll stretch this metaphor even further past breaking point.

Mardroid

Gail Nedry, I don't see yours! Just two small boxes and the word 'YUMMY!'. Or were you leaving us a couple of white chocolates? If so, scronch, scronch. Yes they were! :lol:

So far, good stuff, all round. I need to knuckle down and work on mine, before I leave it too late....