Main Menu

people if the judges banned salt, sugar etc. for health reasons, why do they allow fatty eating comp

Started by Conexus, 03 November, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conexus

don't use the tired boring response- 'Cause the writers' said' That is such a nerdy response, I don't like nerds*
Show some imagination peeps

*my personal definition; Nerds are the calculator freaks- they're the kind that would argue over the number of links there are in Dredd's chain.
Geeks are the imaginative freaks-they're the type that would argue over 'why doesn't Dredd use the re-juve facilities from time to time, like every other judge seems to**?'

Not of course that there can't be some overlap,in fact there frequently is, but a thread of , say, just prog numbers and their publishing dates would make me scream 'Anal' and make my brain dribble out my ears

**(except psy)

hag

i made my suggestion before david rained on our parade.

Conexus

Pella's suggestions
some judges are in the pay of the belly wheel manufacturers

and, about eating comps atractive juves to take up a addictive hobby:

lesser of two evils and organized sport keeps juves off the street

Quirkafleeg

>i made my suggestion before david rained on our parade.

"The writers make it up as the go along"

Conexus

what did I say in the first post David ?

Down with this sort of thing! *

*Yes, I do know what David said is the actual truth, and is good enough for some.(NERDS!)

If however you actualy have an imagination however...  

Conexus

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!

There's typos on all of my posts, even in the thread title! Why was I so cursed?

Woolly

"prog numbers and their publishing dates would make me scream 'Anal'"

Whatever floats yer boat, mate...

opaque

Sugar, Tobacco etc are addictive to everyone and thats why it's illegal. Food in itself isn't addictive and so is legal.
It's only when you have shortages or drugs involved that the Judges have intervened.
Suicide is illegal but overeating doesn't seem to lead to early death as medical technology has proressed so far.
This does bring up the point as to when Dredd segregated the block of fatties why there wasn't some way of medically sucking it out.

Floyd-the-k

Real reason: because the writers make it up as they go along.  So what if you don't like it? You asked.

Possibly more fun reasons: well inconsistent health laws are not unique to Mega City One.  
 It's easy to police bans on coffee, tea, salt etc but difficult to stop people binging on legal foods
  The Judges could do with a laugh
  MC1 is where the USA used to be

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Mudcrab

Wow, never seen a thread have things removed so quickly before! It's like the BBC Scottish football boards (every second post removed by moderators, often deservedly so of course).

But yeah, what opaque said, that's stuff's addictive, overeating is just a choice if the contents aren't addictive in themselves.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Floyd-the-k

while we're on the topic, why didn't the judges just fit Guthrie up with one of them cyber-body things they gave Mandroid?
  I know, the writers just made it up as they went along. Besides they wanted to give David Bishop something to nitpick when his history of 2000AD finally gets there

Dark Jimbo

Surely the fatty thing brings a lot of revenue into the city, it attracts competitors, fans, sponsors, they have tournaments and stuff, and I'm sure the judges get to take quite a large chunk of the profits in return for staging all this.

PLus, with 99% unemployment, I guess the more cits have to take their minds off stuff the less trouble they'll get into, so this can only be another good thing for the judges.

Besides, all the fatty stuff gets to be strictly regulated and happen under their supervision (mainly) rather than people just binging at home. Better a select, controllable few than the whole populace, right?
@jamesfeistdraws

Satanist

Whats the point of this if you cant give the correct answer. They make it up as they go along.

What colours Rogue Trooper? Dont say blue cos thats boring.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws