Main Menu

AUGUST ART COMP - DREDD'S DEAD, BABY, DREDD'S DEAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 August, 2016, 09:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

In support of Pete and all other artists of 'special ability' here's my take on Dredd's demise when the elitists get their way. This took about 20 minutes while I was watching the tennis and I offer no apologies!

TordelBack

I think we can all agree that Pete is History's Greatest Monster, and move on.

I stand in awe of almost everything James submits to this competition, and I chuckle loudly at almost everything Pete submits. It's win-win from my triple-zero-rated artistic level, long may they both continue to contribute.

Woolly

This thread inspired me to draw something for the first time in ages...

More support for Pete Wells Block!

Dreddzilla

Heard about the ruckus Dilworth started via fb and boy am I glad I did.  :lol:

Grant Goggans

Quote from: James Dilworth on 14 August, 2016, 08:58:46 PM
Sorry folks but I just can't abide an attitude that spits on hard work.

Then it's a good thing that Pete's attitude did nothing of the sort.

JOE SOAP

The day no one can light-heartedly take-the-piss out of themselves and others on the 2000AD forum is the day we should all shut up shop and turn our internets off.

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

LARF

vzzbux

My word fallout has spread far from just this forum. Pete I am loving your lack of effort. The art comp is open to all. Not all of us can be talented MF's. I found Pete's comment funny, as am sure was intended. Grow up and get a sense of humour. This is the sort of reason I took my (now very long) sabbatical from this forum, I just needed to check out the furor.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Theblazeuk

Woolly, that is class. So many great pieces both in terms of creative/funny ideas and wonderfully drawn/coloured art. Just gets better and better!

Not to flog a dead judge even further but I think everyone (else) loves Pete's entries and I am 100% certain Pete does not submit them with any intent of actually winning the competition. And CFM is a lovelier and more mature chap than most of us so I won't pretend I speak on his behalf, but I just went over the Chopper threads and James I think you have really misread and misrepresented what went on with the infamous Choppers piece. Certainly, based on what's readable to all, CFM certainly didn't "call him out" on anything and no one 'turned on him' for doing so. No one ever turns on CFM! He's crazy like some kind of machine fox, you wouldn't dare.

Your stuff is pretty good though James.

Steven Denton

'Emergency at Tex Avery block' (after Pete Wells)

pyeparr

JayzusB.Christ

I'm a massive fan of James Dilworth's work, I really am, and I always look forward to his entries - but I hope there'll always be funny and unapologetically quarter-arsed contributions by Pete and Buttonman (whose 'Friends of the Eastern Front' still makes me chuckle).  It's not like you have to delete the proper entries to make room for them, or anything.

Anyway, amazing work from Mark Higgins there.  Woolly, that's fucking horrible.  Like it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Well what a do about nothing.

In other news it's been a long time since i've laughed this hard at the art comp, brilliant entries from all involved so far and I might just dust off my art muscles (HA! I made a funny!) to enter this month.

LARF