Main Menu

Why you should'nt be so "comicy" about the new film

Started by mogzilla, 01 August, 2011, 10:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKD

TordelBack

Nah, that helmet sits way too high up his head.   ;)

Obviously Death has to be played by Bruce Spence: who could play the twisted opposite of a Kiwi but an Ozzer?  Unfortunately that means he can't appear until the third and last movie (see Mad Max, Star Wars Prequels, Lord of the Rings, Narnia films, The Matrix, etc etc etc).

As noted above, his Mouth of Sauron is a fine model to follow, and his Tion Medon isn't far off either:

TordelBack

....Urrrgh, just realised that Spence is in fact another New Zealander.  So much for that theory.

SKD

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 August, 2011, 05:08:21 PM
....Urrrgh, just realised that Spence is in fact another New Zealander.  So much for that theory.

Where as Wayne Pygram is.............. Australian. :D

Stew.

TordelBack

TordelBack

... Still, this footage does suggest to me that a practical make-up Death would be infinitely preferable to a CGI futz, whoever's under the gnashers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLizclY8nU

SmallBlueThing

Just put a judge uniform on a plastic skellington, put it against a greenscreen, and move the jaw up and down. Voice could be anybody with a lisp.

SBT

SKD

[/quote]
Quote from: TordelBack on 07 August, 2011, 05:36:57 PM
... Still, this footage does suggest to me that a practical make-up Death would be infinitely preferable to a CGI futz, whoever's under the gnashers.

I totally agree.  :thumbsup:

Stew.

SKD

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 07 August, 2011, 05:59:10 PM
Just put a judge uniform on a plastic skellington, put it against a greenscreen, and move the jaw up and down. Voice could be anybody with a lisp.

SBT

Violet Elizabeth Bolt?

Stew

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

blackmocco

And just to warn you, if you haven't seen Hellboy 2 and you intend to, that youtube clip's got some serious spoilers...

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Michaelvk

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 August, 2011, 05:36:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLizclY8nU

Not unlike putting a helmet on this chap's lower features:
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

blackmocco

Unbelievable! Just posted that clip above you Michael. I'm going to put it down to great minds and all that...

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Beeks

Death is Naff..great for comics but aside from 2000ad fans I reckon the cinema audience would find him ridiculous

Plenty of decent Dredd stories

The Day The Law died would be brilliant
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Hoagy

Quote from: Beeks on 07 August, 2011, 07:10:05 PM
Death is Naff..great for comics but aside from 2000ad fans I reckon the cinema audience would find him ridiculous

Plenty of decent Dredd stories

The Day The Law died would be brilliant

That's basically the plot surrounding Stallone's Dredd, Beeks, you ninny.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract