Main Menu

GTA 4

Started by LARF, 30 March, 2007, 10:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo

I kept failing the mission where you have to whack Kenny Petrovic's son, not because the mission was tough but I kept setting his car on fire as an example to Kenny, and the police kept killing me. I couldn't help it. :)

The Lost and Damned is only a few weeks away!

ThryllSeekyr

I still have the entire GTA IV game downloaded through STEAM but unplaybale as my computer is quite up to specs for it.

I'm wondering if I can sell this as another download to another user seeing as it doesn't work.

Have they improved the motorcycle physics?

GordonR

The PC version of GTA IV is notoriously broken, but seems - after a very slow start by Rockstar - to be getting patch-fixed.  You can get the patches here:  //http://www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/patch/index.html

And the moral of the story is:  it's time to get a PS3 or 360.

TheEdge

should i buy this under a tenner in morissons
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

ThryllSeekyr

I think got the patch which tells me why exactly it doesn't work on my machine rather than giving me a vague idea.

The thing about the motorcylces is that with playing San Adreas on my Playstation Two. I could ride the motorcylce up steep enbankment without falling off.

Once up a lamp post while sticking to my seat.

Once landing right on the scaffolding supports right at the top of a billborad.

Theres a flat board up there.

I landed there like it was part of the road,...

Then I just did the equivelent of 'dropping the cluthc a' leaving that billboard behind me.

That felt cool though, despite my feelings that I'll never do this in real life.

Devons Daddy

ITS OUT TODAY

the lastest download chapter on the xbox360 (not sure maybe ps3 also)
bikers and new characters.
only for gold members i heard. got to be worth the upgrade.

a great game just gets better TODAY!> 8-)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

GordonR

Quote from: "Devons Daddy"ITS OUT TODAY

the lastest download chapter on the xbox360 (not sure maybe ps3 also)
bikers and new characters.

It's XBox 360 only - Microsoft didn't pay Rockstar a reported $50 million for this for nothing.  (There's also another downloadable chapter still to come.)

On the plus side, at least this means we won't get 22 posts from Thryllseeker looking for help getting this to work on his PC.

Richmond Clements

QuoteOn the plus side, at least this means we won't get 22 posts from Thryllseeker looking for help getting this to work on his PC.

Want to bet?

TheEdge

picked up the PC version last week for 9.99 in morrisons.

I'll play it when i clean up on The Witcher
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

radiator

Was considering downloading the new episode, but just remembered I lent my copy of GTA 4 to a friend!

satchmo

Just put the XBox on to download it and got the system error twice in a row, I nearly had a heart attack...
(It's ok now though)
There's a new Grand Theft Auto game out!
This is the week that keeps on giving  :D

Something Fishy

I'll be missing this as i traded GTA4. I just didn't really get into it sadly.

satchmo

XBox Live is s-l-o-w- today, and it keeps disconnecting me. Gonna try again tonight or tomorrow and instead finish my second playthrough of GTA IV, only this time [spoiler]not accidentally get Roman killed at the end. Sob![/spoiler]

Keef Monkey

Well it's the first game to come out that I've worked on since I started at Rockstar, so I'm well chuffed. I'm going to mention "my name's in the credits" so much people will have to start calling me "Inthecredits Monkey". My only disappointment is it's DLC so I can't take the manual round to my mum's to show her.

satchmo

Wow keef I'm even more excited to play it now!