Main Menu

Suggestions for the floppy

Started by Recrewt, 19 June, 2014, 12:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

308 pages. That'd make for a bloody good phonebook reprint...

hippynumber1

Quote from: The Adventurer on 22 June, 2015, 03:25:56 AM
We just got more Finn, I thought?

We did but there are another 33 (?) episodes left to go!

sheridan

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 22 June, 2015, 03:01:54 PM

Wow - I didn't remember anything past the second book - you're right, there were another 33 episodes, in three stories of varying lengths: Barney

The Adventurer

More Finn then you expected, more then you wanted.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

sheridan

Quote from: The Adventurer on 23 June, 2015, 02:59:28 AM
Not according to the Mills interview on ECBT2000AD...

Link Prime

Quote from: sheridan on 22 June, 2015, 10:52:34 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 22 June, 2015, 03:01:54 PM

Wow - I didn't remember anything past the second book - you're right, there were another 33 episodes, in three stories of varying lengths: Barney

I really liked the artwork by Paul Staples on the later Finn stories.
Another vote to see 'em in the floppy from me.

Skullmo

The final finn story felt like it had been hopped up by an unsympathetic editor (maybe DarkBishop?) and so tended to lurch about a bit. But I really enjoyed the later Finns and Paul Staples' art was great
It's a joke. I was joking.

DarkDaysBish-OP

Not me, guv'nor. It was written before I got handed the Rosette of Sirius and ran as Pat intended. But I was the person responsible for not commissioning anymore Finn, suggesting Pat rest the character for a while...

AlexF

I'd like an all Shaky special with the two Soul Gun stories, his crazy Judge Planet, and as many 'Beyond Beliefs' as will fit! Plus I guess Soul Sisters to pad out the page count and prove to readers that, given enough time and monkeys, Tharg really will reprint EVERYTHING.

Tjm86

Quoteprove to readers that, given enough time and monkeys, Tharg really will reprint EVERYTHING.

Even Space girls?

Grant Goggans

Quote from: sheridan on 23 June, 2015, 07:40:39 AM

There's an episode of The Young Ones in which Rik tries to convince Neil that he was the most popular person in his college class and "everybody thought I was great."  I'm reminded of that every time Pat goes on about how incredibly popular everything he ever wrote was and how those fascist editors were wrong, wrong, wrong.

aceface11

I've got a special place in my heart for Finn, as 'Interventions'(?) was just kicking off in the prog when I started my 2000AD journey. Plus it helped that Finn looked badass and the Witch/Sorceress was always in skimpy clothes.

I picked up the first Finn stories in a Classic 2000AD issue, and seem to remember a later series which was something like 'Season of the Witch'?

I'm a fan of Slaine, but feel like it's gone rather off the boil these days so would like to see Finn make a return really...

Annoyingly I can't find the Meg this month anywhere (not even the faithful London Victoria store has any). Will have to be a trip to Forbidden Planet I think

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 25 June, 2015, 09:16:31 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 23 June, 2015, 07:40:39 AM

There's an episode of The Young Ones in which Rik tries to convince Neil that he was the most popular person in his college class and "everybody thought I was great."  I'm reminded of that every time Pat goes on about how incredibly popular everything he ever wrote was and how those fascist editors were wrong, wrong, wrong.

Colin YNWA

AlexF's glorious 'Heroes of 2000ad' blog has made me aware of 'Zancudo' which I'd never stumbled across before not being a Meg reader up to know.

Now Barney tells me its only 24 pages long, but surely we can fit it in somewhere, now I get the Meg digitally and all?

The Adventurer

Zancudo was the kinda-sorta Dreddworld based sequel to Ant Wars yeah? Yeah, that'd be nice to have.

I'd like to have a floppy of Peter Milligan's Freaks. And its (not Peter Milligan) sequel Faces.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Adventurer on 06 July, 2015, 06:37:31 PM
I'd like to have a floppy of Peter Milligan's Freaks. And its (not Peter Milligan) sequel Faces.
Surprised to see this never featured in an EE. Anyway, the first one's coming in Meg 364.
We never really die.