Main Menu

Winter Special slap dannies

Started by LARF, 01 November, 2005, 04:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susie2shoes

Thanks for the Heads up Larf as I was going to ring them Monday.  Had a look in my local WHSmith (Luton) over the weekend just to be disappointed - I'll keep looking and ignoring the spoiler threads!

Tiplodocus

Anybody spotted one in Glasgow or Edinburgh?

Admittedly, I've only checked out the WH SMUTS in the train stations and Borders in Glasgow but I haven't seen one.

And I want to buy FOUR copies.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Queen Firey-Bou

well i'm driving to cetre of squaxxdom , dingwall 57 miles tomorrow, & if that one special is no longer in the trusty newsagent there, itsssss   ....

BOU-RAGE ! ! !

Al_Ewing

I'm considering moving out of York as a solution to this problem. It's obviously vastly overrated and all this time I was in a fool's paradise.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

DavidXBrunt

I found my copy in a tiny News cubicle in Bolton after not seeing it in my local thrill merchant or W.H.Smugs.

Having read it I have to say the idea of the Winter Special is better than the Winter Special itself. There's some good stuff in it - Rogue Trooper, Bones of Eden (though I didn't get the significance of the big reveal at the end first time around) and the art on the older category of Dredd.

There's also some poor stuff in it. It's hard to believe that the Dredd's were by John Wagner, though I expect the competition context didn't help that, and whilst I liked the ideas in Arts story I was expecting a lot more from the artists.
The Terror Tale was competent enough and would have been welcome in the Prog but a short Sinister Dexter would have made the comic feel more 2k, as it was there were a couple of substandard Dredds and the - very good - Rogue and a lot of pilots that are no doubt not coming back anytime soon.

Though Bones of Eden really, really does deserve a try out. If that were a first episode in the weekly I'd be waiting for more with not baited breath exactly because I don't like maggots but certainly with breath of some sort.

Tips, if the other copies are gifts I suggest you read it first and then check out what the upcoming E.E. has in it.

Satanist

"Anybody spotted one in Glasgow or Edinburgh? "

They had loads in Glasgows Forbidden Planet last time I was in.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Oddboy

None in FP in London, nor in Comics Showcase when I went in on Thursday... figure I'll wait for Subs to sort themselves out & hope for the best.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Dan Kelly

It was in the newsagents in Camden just around the corner from me.  But not in the Mega City.  

Dunk!

Nostalgia and Comics in Brum has a stack.
"Trust we"

LARF

"I found my copy in a tiny News cubicle in Bolton after not seeing it in my local thrill merchant or W.H.Smugs. "

No way!!!

I used to buy all my comics from him back in the late 80's. Is it the guy round the corner from the Bolton Institute Art College, just down from the football ground, near the old cinema?

thinky

mine came through with my prog this morning, so they may finally be on the way for everyone

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

DavidXBrunt

No, it's the little newsie diagonally opposite the Town hall (towards the Railway Station, not the Indoor Market, opposite the spot where that bloke in a wheelchair sells poundshop tat to passers by.

Queen Firey-Bou

the subbie copy didnt arrive with prog today,

but,

there in holy DIngwall, centre of squaxxdom, next to amstor computers office, hidden behind some WWF gibberish, was one hallowed last copy, ALLLLEeeyluuuliah ! !

and i deem it good. ( see other thread , maybe later for intelligent review... i said maybe )

The Amstor Computer

Hurrah! I guessed Bou might have been in when I saw magazines in disarray, and a pair of Extreme Editions tossed aside :-)

Queen Firey-Bou

yeh i already got one, did you see the black hole of anti-thrill power developing in that empty shelf space?