Main Menu

The Zarjaz, Dogbreath & FQP comics thread

Started by Bolt-01, 25 June, 2016, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJomster

Thanks for the pimpery! Been horribly busy at work for a fair few months, but now... it's SHOPPING TIME! This all looks GREAT!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Bolt-01

Glad you like it Dr J, got plenty more to pimp over the next few days!

And many thanks for the order, too. Always a pleasure to send comics to Squaxx!

Remember it is Small Press day tomorrow, folk! Drop by your local comic shop and support all those hard working self publishers and other small press types.

And if your local doesn't carry FQP- ask 'em why?

Bolt-01

today, by way of tease I give you:

Conservationists Written by David Tallerman Art by Anthony Summey

and Flawed Design Written by Veronica Tomasiello Art by Alex Paterson

Available from the FQP website!

Bolt-01

Well, after a weekend working at the Small Press coal face, I'm back with another pair of previews for the new FQ:

From Tiny Acorns Written by Alexi Conman Art by newcomer Richard Waugh

and a preview from the latest chapter of Idea Space: All Good Things Written by JJ Robinson Art by Darren Stephens which sees things rapidly approach the conclusion...

As always- these strips, and many others, form part of the new FutureQuake- on sale now at the FQP Webshop.

Bolt-01

Today we share:

Jamie Evolutionary Written by Jeff Bowles Art by Romain Brun, which is this issues cover strip...

...and  Jungalow Written by Dick Jillings Art & Letters by Fran Strukan

Bolt-01

The time has come for a new Daily strip!

The latest issue of the longest continually published 2000 AD fanzine- Dogbreath- is about to drop. To celebrate that fact we've gotten writer Lee Robson and art bot RoboMonkey147 to provide us with:

The strip will be posted daily over at the 'Daily Zarjaz' Thread-
http://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=40749.msg966290#msg966290- so don't forget to check each and every day for the next 15 day!

You lucky Squaxx!

Bolt-01

CrazyFoxMachine

Well I've always wanted to draw comics. My first published work I believe was in Futurequake. I've had a few in there along with a couple of stories in Dogbreath. Can't thank those guys enough. Futurequake gives aspiring writers and artists a platform to show their work. I can't recommend them enough to anyone wanting a chance to showcase their work. Brilliant comics. I've also had work published in 100% Biodegradable. Again, these guys are awesome for anyone interested in working in comics. British small press is where loads of professionals get the start they need.

Ditto - lovely words and well deserved. It's almost as if the small press ISN'T destroying comics ;)

dancornwell

Bolt-01

Yeah, just look at it.

That cover is a thing of beauty and as of tomorrow it is available to buy from the FQP Webshop

Massive thanks to Pye Parr for agreeing to do this when I cornered him at the 40th and for all the work he put in. Dogbreath is a work of love for all concerned and that is why it is the longest continually published 2000 AD fanzine. All the rest are mere pretenders.

Bolt-01

Dandontdare

First thing I do at every Thought Bubble is to stock up on all my FQP goodies, so be sure to bring a stack!

Bolt-01

Cheers DDD, and that is what all good comic fans should do. These comics take a hell of a long time to produce, and the price they are sold at is indicative of the fact that we are not in this game to make money (100 pages for 6.50gbp- average of around 20 strips- that's value) so every copy sold is needed to keep the titles viable.

However- you don't want to hear me whinge-

today I bring you Thrills!

Cover by Pye Parr

Dogbreath 33 is launching today (well, at about 6pm tonight if I read my text from the webmaster right) and it is choc full of goodies.

Durham Red- Blood Debt by writer Santiago Mayaud and artist Hector Cervantes

Strontium Dog- Bull Shot by writer Alan Holloway and artist Andy Lambert

Strontium Dog-Choice by writer Kehaar and artist David Broughton

Strontium Dog-Kill Bonus by writer Steven Denton and artist Dave Peloe

Strontium Dog-Mission To Mars by writer Richmond Clements and artist Alex Paterson

Strontium Dogs- Spud Murphy- Top Dog by writer Mark Keenan and artist Scott Twells

Add to that the ongoing Case Files feature The No-Go job and opening section of The Final Solution by writer Leigh Shepherd and we have a full warrant meter!

This issue (and all FQP titles) is available from The FQP Website and will also be available from Orbital of London and OK comics in Leeds!

You lucky Squaxx.

Bolt-01

Now available to order: Something Wicked 2017.

A superb cover by rising star Dan Cornwell sets the tone for this issue!

Can you feel it? The season has changed, the nights are drawing closer and there is a chill in the air. Time to hunker down and read the latest collection of tales from Something Wicked. Among the strips in this issue we visit with demons, take a leisurely stroll in the woods, and then, following a major morning after the night before we discover that some things shouldn't be on social media.

78 pages for the incredible price of £6.50

Aokigahara by writer Travis Stunt and artist Luigi Criscuolo

Dark Net by writer Jimmy Furlong and artist Andrew Hartmann

He calls you home by writer Roddy McCance Sharp and artist Denis Vermesse

Hurt by writer Matt Sharp and artist Aileen Oracion

Jotun Fury by writer Karl Brandt and artist David Parsons

One Hell of a night by writer Chris Redfern and artist Johnathan Scott

Regular Deposits by writer Dave Wednesday and artist Kristian Carstensen

Sky Burial by writer Alec Robertson and artist Brian Corcoran

St@lked by writer Umar Ditta and artist Daniel Bell

Stupid Fuzzy Thing by writer Steven Fraser and artist Brian Rankin

The Civilised Hunt by writer Dan McKee and artist Carlos Angeli

The Coffin by writer Jason Brawn and artist David Spickett

The Cottage In The Woods   by writer Alec Robertson and artist Rui Mendes

The Runaway by writer Marcello Bondi and artist Mattia Marini

The Void Of by writer Rodd McCance and artist Denis Vermesse

Available from the FQP Website!

Link Prime

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 04 September, 2017, 08:27:16 AM

A superb cover by rising star Dan Cornwell sets the tone for this issue!

Dear Mr. Cornwell; your art style is now instantly recognizable (without crediting) to this jaded fan.
You made it kid.