Main Menu

Future Shocks "b-format" book subscriber offer

Started by Mark Taylor, 20 November, 2011, 08:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Taylor

Does anybody have this? I already have the Alan Moore Future Shocks and Tharg's Future Shocks TPBs so what I really want to know is does the b-format subscriber book have new content or does it just reprint strips from the aforementioned TPBs? I know it's not hugely expensive but it's not worth my while if it only has content I already have in GN format. Thanks!

Steve Green

I have it, there's a lot of early stuff which I don't think is reprinted elsewhere, as well as a few (late 80s?) Grant Morrison ones, which I think are missing from the other TPBs.

Not sure what the percentage of previously uncollected Shocks is, but I'd guess at least 60% (Don't hold me to that though)

Dash Decent

I hope this eventually gets a general release.  I really like the cover too.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dash Decent on 21 November, 2011, 11:13:10 AM
I hope this eventually gets a general release.  I really like the cover too.

isn't it part of the promo that this won't be on sale at anytime in the future?
DDT did a job on me

glassstanley

The B format is a pain. Text is so small it is hard to read. Shame really, as I don't think any o fthese have appeared in either of the other two collections.

Large48

If any one doesn't want theirs I'll kindly offer real english pounds (queue abuse!) for this. :-)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Grant Perkins

Quote from: Dash Decent on 21 November, 2011, 11:13:10 AM
I really like the cover too.

Thank you.

There are no plans to see the book on the shelves in the near future, but I'm sure such a collectors item will turn up on ebay soon enough.

Best to take out the subscription though, that way its FREE!

G.

IndigoPrime

For some reason, it never clocked with me that it was a B Format. Hmm. If it'd have been a standard trade, I'd have gone for this like a shot, but now I'm mulling. *mulls*

Alski

"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

James Stacey

Grant Goggans

A well-played LMGTFY fails at the final post, as "I'm feeling lucky" sends you to the Wikipedia page for ambisonics!

The actual answer is that a B-format book is one with dimensions of 5.12" x 7.8".

Spaceghost

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Proudhuff

I'm surprised that they haven't appeared on ebay yet what kind of price would they fetch?   :D
I've read mine, remembered most of em from the first time around, the devil pilot was a fav of mine at the time.
DDT did a job on me

James Stacey

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 22 November, 2011, 03:41:23 PM
A well-played LMGTFY fails at the final post, as "I'm feeling lucky" sends you to the Wikipedia page for ambisonics!

The actual answer is that a B-format book is one with dimensions of 5.12" x 7.8".
Ahh it must be a local thing then Grant. It takes me through to the 'Paperback' article which states
    "A Format" paperbacks are 110mm x 178mm (4.33" x 7.01") in size
    "B Format" paperbacks are 130mm x 198mm (5.12" x 7.8")
    "C Format" (trade paperbacks) are 135mm x 216mm (5.32" x 8.51").

Mark Taylor

Well I'm sold, I'm going to order my copy. I don't generally have a problem with small text. Thanks for all the feedback, guys!