Main Menu

Shed:Con Raffle

Started by [YT-2], 25 September, 2005, 02:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Kon

no, it's definately still funny in a normal fram of mind (well, actually, come to think of it, how would i know that? well, i found it funny at least!)

Queen Firey-Bou

er, nope, between that & the long gun logo design debate on the review thread... ive decided youre all barking obbsessive compulsive stoners.  bet you were all in the airfix model making clubs at school, and read books about chess.

bloody nutters.

Byron Virgo

"20 missing pages notwithstanding, it was the prize of the weekend!"

That annual did prove to be ridiculously entertaining, if only for the bright day-glo colour-seperation.

Personally my favourite illo was the two policemen sitting in their squad car for an hour. Or possibly the tap dancing policeman.

Bou - I used to make Airfix model planes (and I was pretty damn good at painting them too!), but I didn't need to read books on chess - I actually played it instead, and lived the dream!

Art

I've only ever read the one book on chess, and that was on Bobby "nutcase" Fischer, whos actually pretty interesting in his own completely insane way.

Wils

does this mean i have to read it again?

Not neccesarily all of it. You could just limit it to the:

"...great parody of that governmental 'Preparing for Emergencies' booklet." - SFX

;)

Bico

And to think that was only filler Mike didn't even want to print in the first place.

Byron Virgo

I thought that was Binmen of the Apocalypse?

Bico

Indeed so - most of it was filler, but we'll get away with it if no-one draws any attention to the fact.
Not that I'd know anything about filling a book with nowt but filler and having the gumption to expect people to pay 2 quid for it.
50p postage.

Thursday

I've been skimming parts of the Dredd screenplay and some of it is just pure genius.  For example, this particularly fantastic snippet comes after Dredd and Giant encounter Judge Death and, er, shoot him with a rocket launcher:

GIANT: GOOD GRUD, DREDD!  WHAT KIND OF MONSTER WAS THAT?

DREDD: A TOASTY ONE.

Pure fecking genius.

Lady Squaxx

After the bollocking I got from Logan for being a 'lurker' at Shedcon, (described to me as the boarding equivelent of dogging....) I thought it prudent that I finally break my silence.  

A HUGE thank you to everyone for making this newbie feel so welcome her first time.  My pathetic 12-month collection of reading material got a serious shot in the arm with an impressive haul in the Sheddcon raffle (the 1st 15 Megs alone near doubled it!).

I had a whale of a time meeting so many genuine and enthusiastic people on Saturday and furthering my Dredductation (hey, did you see what I did there) with a peek at the original artwork of his first appearence was very pleasing indeed.  As was the Henry Flint page Ollie not-very-subtly got for me as an anniversary gift..... Any ideas as to unusual reading material I could (frugally) reciprocate with?  

Max's pitch really was an eye-opener!  It had seemed to make more sense through a bottle of wine, though.  

Hmmmmm, not as difficult as I thought, this posting lark.  I may even venture an opinion or two in the future........ well, one step at a time, eh?  

TwoTonneTonyXTubbs - I'm chasing up those reccommendations as we speak.

LMS - Another great big thankyou for the bed.  That last 100 miles would probably have killed us all!!!

Max Kon

Hello Mary, welcome to the world of posting!!

My pitch never made sense to me either, so that's ok :)

DavidXBrunt

Hope you enjoy them Mary Squaxx. If I can find those Andersons I'll let you know.