Main Menu

alpha protocol

Started by mogzilla, 29 May, 2010, 10:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

was looking forward to this but so far not impressed . controls are twitchy leaving me open to fire or just crashing into door frames combat is woeful ...probably gets better from an aiming pint of view as you level up but i aint gonna be slogging at it for that long...

back to the shop methimks

mogzilla

Quote from: mogzilla on 29 May, 2010, 10:34:16 AM
was looking forward to this but so far not impressed . controls are twitchy leaving me open to fire or just crashing into door frames combat is woeful ...probably gets better from an aiming pint of view as you level up but i aint gonna be slogging at it for that long...

back to the shop methimks

also forget to mention the dire hacking/lockpicking and disabling of alarms even on the easy setting .

Darren Stephens

Did'nt this get pretty poor reviews? It looked quite promising too, from what I recall. Action RPg-ish, innit?  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

mogzilla

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 31 May, 2010, 09:48:09 PM
Did'nt this get pretty poor reviews? It looked quite promising too, from what I recall. Action RPg-ish, innit?  ;)

yep, didnt actually read any reviews. fool!

even read a piece from  one of the developers saying it was a dissappointment blaming SEGA for the rush and the fact that obsidian are concentrating their efforts on new vegas which cant be bad!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: mogzilla on 01 June, 2010, 10:57:38 AM
Quote from: Darren Stephens on 31 May, 2010, 09:48:09 PM

yep, didnt actually read any reviews. fool!

even read a piece from  one of the developers saying it was a dissappointment blaming SEGA for the rush and the fact that obsidian are concentrating their efforts on new vegas which cant be bad!

Whoah, that's pretty damning if the devs are ripping into it too! Someone's gonna lose a job me-thinks.

Hadn't realized this was out yet (so marketing fail too) but had been following previews with a lot of interest. The whole Bourne RPG type vibe sounded great, but it sounds ropey. Will likely rent it to be safe.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just bought this for the 360 from Game's website.

£16.

If, like me, you fancied it but were not sure 'cos of the ambigious reviews - well, now's your chance to waste less!

Won't play it until after Fallout 3.
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

I picked this up for £20 in Asda and am about half way through. Its not that bad actually , some good RPG choices to make and the levels are varied.
Its nearly impossible to play it as a sneak em up though so I mostly run n gun.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Professor Bear

Really disappointed with this, not least because it's apparently by the team responsible for Fallout: New Vegas.

If they fuck the latter up, I will not be held accountable for what I shall unleash upon the world, but it's probably worth taking a pass on Alpha Protocol.

Something Fishy

I agree with the prof.

Got this cheap.  It's OK but short of what I'd hoped.  That better be because their "A" team are working on New Vegas!

Jared Katooie

Apparently the ending is [spoiler]really rubbish[/spoiler].