Main Menu

LEGO MARVEL SUPERHEROES on the PS3

Started by SmallBlueThing, 24 November, 2013, 03:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Got this for the boys yesterday- it's crap. Buggy as all hell. Characters with things on their backs- Doc Ock, Odin, Thor, Superior Spider-Man, Beetle- lose whatever it is that's on their back- capes, arms, tentacles, etc- and are rendered therefore unplayable. Further, an online check reveals loads of other bugs that the boys haven't picked up on yet. Anyone else having this, and any suggestions? Do they usually patch this type of thing? Videogames are massively overpriced as it is, and I really resent paying forty wuid for this kind of amateur shit- didn't they test it?

SBT

The Enigmatic Dr X

Bugger. Got this for my lady's Christmas.
Lock up your spoons!

Steve Green

Plenty have day 1 patches on consoles.

Looks it was rushed out to hit the shops before Thanksgiving.

Professor Bear

I'd put the game away for a few more weeks and then try it again while the machine is connected to the internet to see if there's a patch out.

I rarely feel the need to grab games at release these days unless there's something really nice as a pre-order bonus like a Batarang or a poseable Facehugger - because God knows, I'll never have enough plastic tat to throw in my spare room and never look at again - but in my experience big releases always have bugs for at least the first few months until the patches are refined and released.  It's a common problem with the current generation of console games, I find.

Charlie boy

I got this for Christmas, albeit the 360 edition, and so far it has been bug free but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Since playing it, I now get  why many Captain America fans appreciate him and his shield throwing (although I'm still looking forward to DareDevil a great deal).
The downloadable content looks fantastic and although I've avoided online gaming and downloading thus far, I am going to have to take a look into how this magic works so I can get the extra characters etc.

Noisybast

In my experience, the Lego games have always been pretty buggy immediately after release, but Traveller's Tales are generally pretty good at patching them up quite quickly.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!