Main Menu

Best 2000 AD strips of 2019

Started by norton canes, 03 January, 2020, 11:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton canes

It's that time again when I make a lot of work for myself  :D

Please rank your favourite three 2000 AD strips from 2019, from the list below. Your top choice will be awarded three points, your second choice two points and your third choice one point.

There are 21 strips in the running this year. I've taken the list from the strip breakdowns on the 2000 AD shop pages, so please let me know if I've missed anything. As with last year I've not included Dredd - that's because as an ever-present strip with multiple writers I think it would be better off with a story-based vote of its own (feel free to step into the breach!). But if you think it's better that in future Dredd's included with the rest let me know, I'm happy to go with the general consensus!

I haven't included any of the new stories from the current Xmas prog as I think it's better to let them bed in for next year's vote. I have included Finder & Keeper and Full Tilt Boogie from the Regened prog as I guess they're strips in their own right even though they were one-shots. I've lumped the 3rillers and Future Shocks together.

Absalom
Anderson - Psi Division
Brink
Defoe
Fiends Of The Eastern Front
Finder & Keeper
Full Tilt Boogie
Grey Area
Hope
Indigo Prime
Jaegir
Kingmaker
Max Normal
Scarlet Traces
Sinister Dexter
Skip Tracer
Survival Geeks
Tharg's 3rillers
Tharg's Future Shocks
The Fall Of Deadworld
Thistlebone

Important note on voting! So that I can total the votes accurately, please only vote in this format:

1. [Favourite strip - name of strip as in list]
2. [Second favourite strip - name of strip as in list]
3. [Third favourite strip - name of strip as in list]

No reverse orders please as it invites mistakes on my part. Also no joint rankings, thanks.

A reminder of previous results: 2017 strips | 2018 strips

Can anything break Brink's vice-like grip? Get voting!

norton canes

My votes:

1. Absalom
2. Hope
3. Full Tilt Boogie

Absalom's final chapter was easily the best thing this year, and Hope massively impressed. In truth a few strips could have nicked third spot - Jaegir, Max Normal, Thistlebone - but Full Tilt Boogie really felt like a breath of fresh air and I can't wait for the full series.

Greg M.

1: Absalom
2: Sinister / Dexter
3: Defoe

sintec

1. Thistlebone
2. Brink
3. Jaegir

3rd spot could easily have gone to Hope which was also fantastic.

Also worth noting Absalom doesn't figure on my list as I've not read it yet - I'm waiting on the Ultimate Collection to get me up to date in order to avoid spoilers for the earlier parts of Caballistics.

TordelBack

1. Brink.
2. The Fall of Deadworld.
3. Max Normal.

Third spot hotly contested for me. I could easily have selected Defoe, Grey Area, Survival Geeks, Absalom or Thistlebone. Max just got in ahead because it was so unexpectedly great- and sustained interest over its whole run.

And things would be even tougher if Tammy & Jinty strips were in the running!

Colin YNWA

Man aside from top spot this is very hard. But here we go and ask me tomorrow and I reserve the right to give you a completely different answer.

1. Brink
2. Max Normal
3. Thistlebone

That Sinister Dexter didn't place is a crime and a mystery. Sooo many really good others as well!

Aaron A Aardvark

WhizzBang

1. Brink
2. The Fall Of Deadworld
3. Kingmaker

broodblik

1. Jaegir
2. Kingmaker
3. Hope

This year was quite difficult with Brink, Thistlebone, Scarlet Traces and Absalom could have easily places in the above list.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

1. Hope
2. Brink
3. Indigo Prime

I agree that Dredd should have its own poll.

TordelBack

Quote from: Richard on 03 January, 2020, 01:12:14 PM
I agree that Dredd should have its own poll.

I reckon that top spot in that ine would be a foregone conclusion, but maybe a decent tussle for runners-up.

Here, if no-one else fancies the gig, I'll get a Dredd poll up and running later today.

IndigoPrime

1. Brink – an ongoing masterpiece
2. Absalom – an excellent conclusion
3. Hope – a big step up in a superb second series

HMs: Fiends; Jaegir; Scarlet Traces; Deadworld.

Tomwe

1. Brink
2. Thistlebone
3. Fiends Of The Eastern Front

Riding high were Deadworld & Absalom. Hoping Full Tilt Boogie turns out well as a series and wasn't just a splurge of interesting ideas with no thought put to if it all worked.

NapalmKev

We've had several excellent strips this year but I can only choose three so here we go:

1. Hope
2. The Fall Of Deadworld
3. Indigo Prime

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Lorenzo

1. Brink
2. The Fall of Deadworld
3. Scarlet Traces

Just can't get enough of Brink and so far it would appear an easy winner. Better get voting if you want that to change!