Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Because my youngest has a friend round today for tea, necessitating a deep clean bleaching of the kitchen and bathroom by my goodself while wife was out shopping, she returned with a copy of FINAL DESTINATION 5 for us to watch after he goes home and they go to bed.

My wife is great.

SBT

Frank

... Ice T was on Channel Four News yesterday. He was charisma personified as he patiently explained the difference between rap and hip hop to Krishnan Guru Murthy, and that not all hip hop was about scary black men with guns and bentleys. Then ruined it by responding to a question about Boulder with the same you can have my AK when you prise it from my cold, dead fingers bullshit you'd expect from Garth Brooks ...

He was on there to promote Something From Nothing, his documentary about the craft and creation of hip hop lyrics- which seems to have been deliberately buried by releasing it at the pictures in the same week as Batman.

SmallBlueThing

Because ive only gone and bloody resigned! After two long years of hating every minute of my job (which ive been in for seven years) i finally wrote my resignation letter and handed it in today.

Im off to the whitewater terror ride of agency work and not guaranteed 160 hours a month, which could be disasterous in the current economic climate- but, as my wife says, is infinitely preferable to my family having to visit me in prison after i did something rather terrible to the company director, or in the hospital after my heart attack or breakdown through stress or in the mortuary.

So yay me.

SBT

maryanddavid

Good on you SBT, for having the balls to do it. It will work out great, persistant stress is one of the worst things anyone has to deal with.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: maryanddavid on 12 August, 2012, 12:04:23 AM
Good on you SBT, for having the balls to do it. It will work out great, persistant stress is one of the worst things anyone has to deal with.

Thanks David, I am alternately jumping for joy and quaking with fear. But I really couldn't work for them one moment longer. Thankfully today is a Sunday and I can't do anything productive, and I have tomorrow off to sign up with the agencies that I've so far not approached. And then I'm taking my family out to dinner to celebrate, because I bloody deserve it!

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

Bolt-01

Sbt. Sticking it to the man. Good on ya.

TordelBack

Good man, SBT, and good luck.  You only get the one life.  Until you get regened, that is.  Although at least with your username you can be fairly certain what piece of his equipment Rogue will stick your biochip into in the meantime.

SuperSurfer

Well done SBT. Sometimes we just gotta do those kinds of things. I kind of did the same a few years ago though I never really took the bull by the horns and matched my previous income – in fact, I haven't gone anywhere near it – but if it feels right, it is right. Good luck with it all.

staticgirl

well done - that's so brave and hopefully you'll find you have lots of extra energy not eaten up by stress that will help you get new contracts.

von Boom

Good for you SBT. In the end you will be much happier.

Something Fishy

Well done SBT.

I did something similar a couple of years back after my company had driven me to the edge of breakdown.

I earn less now but I also work less hours and I could not be happier to have escaped.

Good luck with it,

SmallBlueThing

Because while my kids were a massive pain in the arse while at lewes castle today, i did stumble across a shop selling comics- including 108 issues of groo the wanderer for £30, and current/ recent DC and Marvel for £2 each, so managed to spend £20 on loads of stuff that pleases me. Also found mid 1950s run of 'the wide world magazine for men' for a quid each in a tiny bookshop, so- result!

SBT

Trout

SmallBlueThing

I didnt get them trout- couldnt justify it. But if you wanted them, im sure he'd send em on- shop is 'si's sounds', 4a station st, lewes. 01273 483983. Guy's name is simon stonehouse, and they're in the window.

SBT