Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefy2shoes

So, I'm off to visit a friend in Cumbria at the weekend and it just so happens to coincide with the Lake International Comic Festival. Some good guests are going to be there including Wagner, Ezquerra and Fraser. I contacted Si to see if he had time for any pre-con sketches and he kindly said he'd do one on the plane over. He's just sent me this pic of what I'll be collecting on Saturday. The speech refers to the fact I'm getting married in a couple of weeks. (Man, this wedding is killing my Thought Bubble commission budget!)

CrazyFoxMachine

That's nice - I'm heading up to Kendal in a matter of hours actually hope I get to see that in the flesh!

ming

Spikes

Quote from: Judge Jack on 20 August, 2013, 09:54:00 PM
And speaking of Mr Robinson and his wonderful prelims - ive just noticed that this interesting Dr Who/Judge Dredd mash-up got posted up today.
Hopefully the finished piece will be following soon..

The piece is now finished , and its simply stunning. IDW/Tharg/BBC need to give this a thumbs up for a comic mini-series.

CrazyFoxMachine

:O That's phenomenal - ! I don't think IDW own the rights to Dr Who comics anymore though - think we should pester whoever does to get this on the move :O

chiefy2shoes

That is outstanding. It's not mine but has anyone seen this Anderson commission work in progress by Frank Cho?

Dandontdare

I like the Anderson, but I freakin LOVE that dalek one - beautiful!

Dragonfly

Quote from: chiefy2shoes on 18 October, 2013, 03:55:20 PM
That is outstanding. It's not mine but has anyone seen this Anderson commission work in progress by Frank Cho?

Very nice but the zip on her top appears to have broken! Good job Cho doesn't work for the galaxy's greatest if the reaction to the art on Vegas Carter is anything to go by!!

sheldipez

Quote from: gavingavin on 18 October, 2013, 04:26:47 PM
Quote from: chiefy2shoes on 18 October, 2013, 03:55:20 PM

Very nice but the zip on her top appears to have broken! Good job Cho doesn't work for the galaxy's greatest if the reaction to the art on Vegas Carter is anything to go by!!

Ha though expecting Frank Cho to not draw sexy women would like to hire Roy Chubby Brown and not expect a bit sweary. I like. Anderson that is, not Chubby. Certainly don't like that.

hippynumber1

Link Prime

Very nice Mark.
Was that one of the 150 quid commission slots on Ebay recently?

Was tempted to go for one...

hippynumber1

I didn't see them on ebay!  :o I commissioned this via Andy Brown via Skullmo.

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 31 October, 2013, 01:27:27 PM
I didn't see them on ebay!  :o I commissioned this via Andy Brown via Skullmo.

And when I said 150 quid, I meant 150 Euro (aka 128 Sterling).
Commission slots for Glenn Fabry were going for the same price.

Link Prime

T'was this Ebay user; http://www.ebay.com/usr/klimptcollecter

I've bought some pages off him before, and you're no doubt aware of him (he was selling the Fabry / Biz 'Book of Scars' pages recently).
Have noticed random notes on his Ebay listings that commission slots are available for Fabry / Biz / Staples upon request.

hippynumber1

Yup! That's Andy! Agent for Biz, Fabry and Staples. A fine fellow and jolly helpful...