Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Stephens

Ha, that's great. Also, what a good idea in the first place Bob.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Link Prime

That's really great Bob, you're some Dad.

ming

Linked to previously via the Mick-starts-blogging thread but, as blackmocco kindly provided a tweaked version that better shows the delicate pencils, here's the current state of the thing that artistic super-genius Mick McMahon is working on for me...  Words fail me, other than to say that this may replace Mick's old Titan reprint cover as my all-time favourite standalone Slaine image.

blackmocco

I've already said this but this could be my absolute fave of the commissions Mick's done, and that's including mine!! It's so beautiful in the composition. Love it.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Steve Green

I could just imagine that as a stained glass piece.

Colin YNWA

hippynumber1

I recently commissioned the wonderful Jesus Redondo to do a painted Nemesis 'cover' for me. I received it this week and it's stunning but before I show you that I'd like to share this - he included it as a 'Thank you' and has a lovely personal message written on the back. MASSIVE thanks to Rebellion's own Wiggz for organising this for me...

Colin YNWA

Okay, so if that's the thank you ... well colour me excited about the main piece!

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Graff Vynda K on 11 June, 2014, 10:57:20 PM
For your consideration...Mr & Mrs DiGriz!

Despite the fact he's eschered her slightly, I am totally in love with that picture!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

hippynumber1

As soon as I found out that Jesus Redondo was taking commissions I knew I had to have one. After some thought (aka brief dithering) this is the brief I sent to him:

"In the 90s Titan were reprinting the Nemesis books and commissioning the artist for each book to paint an original cover. Sadly, Titan never reprinted the beautiful Bk II by Jesus Redondo. What I would like then is the cover to the collection that Titan never commissioned. A3 and painted if possible. Please..."

Painted in a mix of "liquid water colour mixed with gouache."

Huge thanks should go to Rebellion's own Sean 'Wiggz' for organising this for me. You Sir are a star and I would recommend everyone to email him now for some help with organising some Redondo gorgeousness!

Hawkmumbler

Spikes

Colin YNWA

Well tjat is simply stunning. Congratulations on that one - just wonderful.

Link Prime

chiefy2shoes

Wow you boys have some great pieces on here. I managed to get some good stuff from Thought Bubble. Here's my swag! (you need to scroll right to see all of the Langridge piece)

Stylish Lady-Tula Lotay

Storm Shadow-John Aggs

Sensitive Klegg-DIsraeli

Skeleton Devlin Waugh-Simon Davis

Squire-INJ Culbard

Lo Pan-Dean Beattie

Rogue Trooper-Simon Gurr

Gung Ho-Cliff Chiang

Jawbreaker-Babs Tarr

Jack O Lantern-Lee Garbett

Fred the ClownLine-up-Roger Langridge

G-Force-Chris Wildgoose