Main Menu

"Comics: The Ninth Art"

Started by glcfarmboy, 01 September, 2007, 09:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glcfarmboy

Hi!
Just wondered if anyone out there could help me track down a copy of a documentary which must have aired on the BBC around the end of the 80's/ beginning of the 90's. It was an "Arena" documentary and I'm pretty sure the title was "Comics: The Ninth Art". It had lots of great footage of the likes of Cam Kennedy at work on his Epic series "Light And Darkness War".
If anyone could tell me where I might get my hands on this or where it's available for download I'd be immensely grateful!

johnnystress

Just googled it

Free clips here or the entire film pay per view

Link: http://www.roland-collection.com/rolandcollection/architecture/20/31_781.htm" target="_blank">Ninth Art

johnnystress

Oh- i just noticed this:
"Availability:
This title is no longer available from the Roland Collection"

I'm sure it's out there somewhere though. I'd like to see it myself

JOE SOAP

I remember that Arena documentary and also the one about the Beano. I'm not sure if the one that's unavailable on the Roland site is the same one as the BBC's.

petemaskreplica

There's no full listing for BBC4's Comics Britannia season yet, but this sounds like just the sort of thing that might pop up in the schedules, so probably worth keeping an eye out.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/comicsbritannia/" target="_blank">Comics Britannia

satchmo

I remember a French Tv series about comics that I'm sure was also called Comics- The Ninth Art.
It was on in the middle of the night on ITV, I used to stay up and watch it when I was a teenager so probably late 80s/early 90s.

Wils

I remember that one too, Satch. IIRC, I learnt *loads* from that programme, but it suffered from being pushed later and later in the schedules, ending up being shown about 3 in the morning just before Jobfinder started.

dyl

I used to love this programme and used to have a few of them on tape. It would be cool if someone could put them on youtube or something.

JOE SOAP

COMIX BRITANNIA starts Sep 10th on BBC 4.