Main Menu

ENGLISH BREAKFAST KILLS MAN!

Started by alP, 06 June, 2010, 11:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alP

pop quiz hotshots, i have a bizarre memory from a long long time ago, of a comic in 2000AD (I'm pretty sure it was anyway!) where a full english breakfast tries to kill someone. any idea what this was? as I'd like to know.

many thanks!

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Wasnt it a story in Bix Barton ?

"The Indigestible Case of the Haunted Full English" (in 2000 AD Sci-Fi Special 1990)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

JayzusB.Christ

That's the one.  A couple of great lines in it too - 'I liked the poll tax.  I thought it was sexy.' / 'Didn't the poll tax have something to do with abstract expressionism?  Apparently everyone called it "Pollocks"'.  Also included the most deliberately stereotyped Yorkshireman I've ever seen, who saw a full English breakfast as a poof's meal.
I liked Bix Barton; it should never have been coloured in though.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

There was the Future shock when a spud from the future comes back and kills someone for crimes against potatoes, such as slicing, boiling, deep frying roasting etc...
DDT did a job on me

Dark Jimbo

I also liked what I read of Bix - the concept, the rugby lingo - what turned me off it completely was the horrendous, and totally unsuited, art. The script was clearly trying for a sort of '30s thriller/detective idiom, like Ampney Crucis, but the art was trying for... well, I don't know what the art was trying to do. Horrible dayglo palette and no sense of any particular time or place.
@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

The black-and-white art that it began with suited it much better.  I thought some of BB was actually very decent comedy - reminded me a bit of Blackadder in places in fact.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"