Main Menu

Mad Max - Fury Road

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 June, 2012, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 12 July, 2012, 03:23:34 AM
Poor Mel's got other, uh, 'issues' currently more pressing at the mo'...

That's why he'd be perfect for Mad Max.

judgeblake

I agree. I'd love to see Mel Gibson in a new Mad Max. If I was in charge I'd do a reboot technique that's become popular, and I'd have Mel's older ravaged Max come and warn Hardy's Max of some peril, maybe also inturn introducing some kind of further scifi (parallel world) dynamic to the Mad Max films.
Mel Gibson is a very much a quandry to me. I'm a fan of his back catalogue of movies, and I'd even have him in my own personal 'Expendibles' along with the over looked Kurt Russell. Actor's who work with him onset even say he's a good guy. But then he doesn't something rather insane or random that of course tarnishes his career (e.g. racist pseudo religious rants, bullying scriptwriters, leaving abusive voicemails to former lovers etc). Gibson strikes me as someone who doesnt like the fact he's growing older and that his career is very much on the wane. If he reformed, renounced his modern bouts of mania and bad behaviour, I'd love him to have some sort of cameo in the 'new Mad Max films'.

Frank

Quote from: judgeblake on 15 July, 2012, 06:12:30 PM
I'd have Mel's older ravaged Max come and warn Hardy's Max of some peril, maybe also inturn introducing some kind of further scifi (parallel world) dynamic to the Mad Max films.

The other Mad Max films are so grounded in the sense of a physical reality very much like our own, that introducing a Crisis On Infinite Max's element to the story would be stretching everyone's credulity. Look at the knots Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper tied themselves into with time travel, parallel realities and alternate histories.

I imagine if you flew Mel Gibson out to Queensland, handed him a bottle of Jack Daniels, and just filmed him wandering around the outback, ranting at the God he spent most of his life sucking up to in Latin for taking away his career and his hair; it'd be every bit as grim, disturbing and apocalyptic as anything Tom Hardy will come up with.

judgeblake

QuoteI imagine if you flew Mel Gibson out to Queensland, handed him a bottle of Jack Daniels, and just filmed him wandering around the outback, ranting at the God he spent most of his life sucking up to in Latin for taking away his career and his hair; it'd be every bit as grim, disturbing and apocalyptic as anything Tom Hardy will come up with

haha a good point very well made. I don't know...I guess I don't like to write anyone off, especially an actor whose movies I've enjoyed and grown up with. I guess I had this idealistic notion of Mad Max films going even more sci fi, and having this Good the Bad and the Ugly western element - like the good (hardy's max), the bad (the bad guy of the movie) and the Ugly (Gibson's ravaged old drunked Max). Of course Gibson is doing a perfectly good job of writing his own career off all by himself! :P

JOE SOAP

It's about oil, guns and death-vehicles.

judgeblake

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 July, 2012, 12:38:26 AM
It's about oil, guns and death-vehicles.

I wholeheartedly agree :)

Does anyone know the prospective release date for Mad Max Fury Road come to think of it? Have they finished shooting it?

Michaelvk

They're still shooting.. From what I hear (I know a lot of people on it..) it's shooting until mid january or so.. Had no interest in this because all the design work was done and I would just end up fabricating props in Namibia, which is a shit hole in my opinion, and I've done my time in the workshop.. And apparently, as traditional with big movies that've been kicking around in development hell for too long, it's all a bit of a clusterfuck of people not really knowing what's going on.. 10000BC was the same.. Loads of crew clustered together with nothing to do but drugs and each other. Not my idea of a fun job.

I'm sure the movie will be okay..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

judgeblake

Do you know if Hardy has slimmed down for the role or not? When Hardy was announced to be in a new Mad Max film, knowing that he would have to bulk up for Bane, I thought hardy would actually play musclebound Fifi from Mad Max (1979) - or in a more convoluted twist I thought maybe the new franchise Mad Max movies would focus on a universe where Fifi was the main character and not Max lol =

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Michaelvk on 17 July, 2012, 09:06:33 AM
Had no interest in this because all the design work was done and I would just end up fabricating props in Namibia, which is a shit hole in my opinion, and I've done my time in the workshop.. it's all a bit of a clusterfuck of people not really knowing what's going on.. 10000BC was the same.. Loads of crew clustered together with nothing to do but drugs and each other. Not my idea of a fun job.

That's a perfect setting for a post-apocalyptic film.

JOE SOAP

They're still shooting.. From what I hear (I know a lot of people on it..) it's shooting until mid january or so..

A 7 month shoot, for one film?

Michaelvk

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 17 July, 2012, 08:11:27 PM
They're still shooting.. From what I hear (I know a lot of people on it..) it's shooting until mid january or so..

Apparently.. Not sure when they started though. There was a lot of redoing of stuff because of the move from Alice Springs to Namibia, so that would cause delays.. Otherwise I'm just going off of what I'm hearing..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Frank

Quote from: Michaelvk on 17 July, 2012, 08:41:40 PM
QuoteThey're still shooting.. From what I hear (I know a lot of people on it..) it's shooting until mid january or so..

Apparently.. Not sure when they started though. There was a lot of redoing of stuff because of the move from Alice Springs to Namibia, so that would cause delays.. Otherwise I'm just going off of what I'm hearing..

When Charlize Theron was in the UK for the launch of Prometheus she said she was headed to Namibia in a couple of weeks- and showed up with the baldy napper shortly after.

judgeblake

I was gonna watch my boxset of all the Mad Max films, but if the next installment is due out next year I may wait and watch the other movies before Mad Max Fury Road comes out since it supposedly leads on from Mad Max - Beyond the Thunderdome.

Michaelvk

Quote from: judgeblake on 25 July, 2012, 01:21:23 PM
I was gonna watch my boxset of all the Mad Max films, but if the next installment is due out next year I may wait and watch the other movies before Mad Max Fury Road comes out since it supposedly leads on from Mad Max - Beyond the Thunderdome.

Don't you just hate it when they bring out a box set and then decide to make another movie?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: judgeblake on 25 July, 2012, 01:21:23 PM

It's a reboot not a sequel. It was originally a sequel when Mel Gibson was cast.