Main Menu

40th Anniversary Prog. Probably a stupid question.

Started by Mattofthespurs, 12 February, 2017, 05:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Jacqusie on 26 February, 2017, 01:19:10 AM
Dante's ending for me was like the Italian Job, suspended in time for imaginations to run riot. He was always told that he would go spectacually by the pre-cog girl, whether that was a ruse or not, that's the way we have his stories finale...

Perfectly put.

NapalmKev

Quote from: dweezil2 on 25 February, 2017, 09:51:56 PM
Quote from: NapalmKev on 25 February, 2017, 08:55:26 PM
On the online shop it says the 40th special is no longer available to order. Are there more being printed or have I missed out?

Or order here:

https://forbiddenplanet.com/213093-2000ad-40th-anniversary-special/

Thanks, I've got one ordered.

Quote from: Woolly on 25 February, 2017, 09:36:23 PM

Might be best to hit Smiths if the shops run out.
If you fail utterly, I got both covers so would happily send you one of them  :thumbsup:
Just PM me if you can't get it elsewhere.

I should be the proud owner of one very soon, massive thanks for your generous offer!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Mardroid

Mine came this morning. In a plastic envelope too, which is brilliant considering the weather!

Mattofthespurs

I'm going to stop bothering you lovely people with tales of how mine have not arrived yet after 14 days from purchase.
It's getting too sad.
Maybe tomorrow should have just bought from the newsie but wanted to support the web shop... and this is how they treat me  :(

Dandontdare

If it's 14 days since you received your dispatch e-mail, I'd ask for a replacement as it sounds like it's got lost. 2 weeks is long enough for even the Royal Fail! Although when I've done this with progs in the past, half the time they show up a few days after the replacement arrives (or on one occasion, about three months after!).

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 February, 2017, 09:32:06 AM
If it's 14 days since you received your dispatch e-mail, I'd ask for a replacement as it sounds like it's got lost. 2 weeks is long enough for even the Royal Fail! Although when I've done this with progs in the past, half the time they show up a few days after the replacement arrives (or on one occasion, about three months after!).

My dispatch email was only last week. I'm still expecting them to turn up soon but it's a tad annoying when I ordered them on the 13th but they were not sent until 10 days later.
Had I known I would have picked them up from WH Smiths when I saw them in there last week.
Never mind. Delayed gratification is sometimes the best  ;)

James Stacey

same here. Still waiting. I'll cave in and get it from Smiths at this rate

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: James Stacey on 28 February, 2017, 04:42:27 PM
same here. Still waiting. I'll cave in and get it from Smiths at this rate

Both arrived this morning.
Well worth the wait.

sixmo

Has anyone seen a copy of the 40th Anniversary Special in a bricks and mortar shop in Dublin? I've been trawling around the usual haunts, but no sign! Could they have all sold out?

Link Prime

Quote from: sixmo on 02 March, 2017, 12:03:09 PM
Has anyone seen a copy of the 40th Anniversary Special in a bricks and mortar shop in Dublin? I've been trawling around the usual haunts, but no sign! Could they have all sold out?

Have you tried Big Bang Comics in Dundrum?
Email; info@thebigbang.ie

paddykafka

You could also try either of the "Sub-City Comics" branches on Dame Street or Mary Street in Dublin. Richard and Rob, who run the stores, are both very helpful and friendly guys. I've had a standing order with them for the Prog for years and never had a problem. The link to the website is below. Cheers!

https://www.subcitycomics.ie/

TordelBack

There were copies in FP yesterday, the black cover anyway.

hippynumber1

On the online shop it says the 40th special is no longer available to order. Are there more being printed or have I missed out?

If you fail utterly, I got both covers so would happily send you one of them  :thumbsup:

I may take you up on this if my girlfriend can't get a copy tomorrow, assuming you still have a spare?

Woolly

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 03 March, 2017, 02:12:17 PM

I may take you up on this if my girlfriend can't get a copy tomorrow, assuming you still have a spare?

No problems matey, just let me know if it's needed  :thumbsup:

Woolly

Should also say - you won't be getting the Carlos cover!  ;)