Main Menu

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Started by radiator, 25 February, 2015, 08:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Jazzed for this... any love for Hotline Miami on the board?

After what seems like an eternity of delays and waiting, Hotline Miami 2 now officially has a release date - March 10th.

If you haven't heard of or played it, imagine if someone made an ultraviolent NES game based on the film Drive. I gather there's an actual plot to these games but really all you need to know if that you play as a weird misanthrope and have to murder your way through floors of buildings to pounding electro music.

It's currently 10% off if you pre-order now on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274170/

M.I.K.

Quote from: radiator on 25 February, 2015, 08:08:33 PM
If you haven't heard of or played it, imagine if David Lynch made an ultraviolent NES game based on the film Drive.

Fixed.

Keef Monkey

Loved Hotline Miami, a really unique and odd atmosphere to it that was incredibly compulsive. And the music! 

Played through it once on PC and found it really fiddly, but played through again on Vita and had a much better time of it. Could just be down to me being pretty useless with mouse/keyboard control schemes, so hoping HM2 has pad support on PC. Have ordered the game on PC but can see me grabbing the Vita version at some point too, it was just so well suited to that platform. Handled great and it's a good game to have in your pocket.

This is the edition I ordered a while back, and I'll admit that I bought it without even realizing it came with a copy of the game. I just wanted all that sexy vinyl...

radiator

Nice!

Yeah, the PC/Mac/Linux versions all have full controller support - I just use either my PS3 Bluetooth or wired 360 controllers for Steam gaming via the Mac. I'm not a fan of keyboard and mouse controls either, especially when it comes to this sort of game.

The music is awesome and a large part of the appeal - I've become quite a big fan of Perturbator since hearing his stuff of the soundtrack.

Keef Monkey

Yeah, I'm always more comfortable with a controller. In the case of Hotline Miami I found I'd lose track of where my cursor was on-screen so struggle to tag or aim at enemies quickly enough, and the game gets very frantic so anything that slows the reflexes down is unwelcome!

Satanist

Day One! I also played the first one on Vita (train to london with headset on) and it was awesome. When you get a good run going and the music kicks in  :o
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?