Main Menu

FINAL!!! Favourite CURRENT art droid D’Israeli or Colin MacNeil

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 February, 2021, 06:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorenzo

Absolutely love D'Israeli's work. Particularly his style change between Stickleback and Scarlet Traces. Low Life is one of my all time favourites... but, I'm gonna vote for

Colin MacNeil

for his incredible body of artwork in Insurrection, Warhammer, Chopper, America, Strange & Darke and those death scenes in Strontium Dog and Mechanismo.

BPP

Look, it's STILL Henry Flint but as you've all had a bad day (or something) then it goes to his victor, D'israeli

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

IndigoPrime

Easy choice for me: D'Israeli, with his exciting experimentation, visually striking styles, surprising emotional clout, and intriguing textures and colouring. But I suspect MacNeil will win the popular vote.

Bolt-01

Ah man.

vs

I don't know that I can do this one. I adore both of these men so much.

broodblik

That Dogbreath cover convince me so yes I am going for Colin MacNeil
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Quote from: BPP on 10 February, 2021, 10:50:58 AM
Look, it's STILL Henry Flint....

Yes it's definitely Flint, as it is Bolland in the classic vote. But as neither seem to be on the ballot paper, you can only vote for who is 😉.

Timothy

shaolin_monkey

Rogue Judge

Colin MacNeil by a country mile for me. Others have already provided some great reasons - America, Dredd (any Dredd), Death of Alpha, and Insurrection (especially book 1!).

I'm always looking forward to the next Wagner/MacNeil Dredd story.

And this is shocking good Bolt!
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 10 February, 2021, 10:59:40 AM
[/center]

milstar

This is easy. MacNeil all the way. When I saw his art in America, I couldn't believe it's possible that some can draw like that.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Link Prime

sixmo

It's very easy to be enthusiastic about both these artists work. I'm always startled by the amount of detail in D'Israeli's backgrounds. I'm also always surprised how gruesome his imagery can get when the bullets start flying. Colin MacNeil's work on Dredd is definitive. When he rolls in, it is not for filler. If I could choose only one of these artists to appear in next week's prog, I think I would have to slightly veer towards MacNeil. I'm picking Colin MacNeil in this contest.