Main Menu

Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Started by Goaty, 23 July, 2016, 09:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: dweezil2 on 03 February, 2017, 04:40:47 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 03 February, 2017, 04:26:57 PM
Surprised to see so much negativity, I think it looks bloody ace!

Congo is the bar it has to reach.
Congo or Konga?!

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

pauljholden

Has no-one seen this yet?

I utterly, utterly loved Kong. Lots of problems with script (lots of "But.. [character] you're [character's background details we don't know] and [bit of exposition to move us along]!") and many of the characters could've been more interesting / fleshed out, but I was grinning from ear to ear through most of it (and actually burst out laughing at the audacity of some of the bits). So much of it was just stunning to look at too.

Good fun, would double-plus recommend.

(In a peculiar way reminded me of the Rock, stupid, stupid but really fun - it wouldn't for example, be that tough to imagine a world where Tom Hiddlestone's retired SAS officer is, it turns out, actually Sean Connory's disgraced former SAS/British Secret Service officer...)

-pj

TordelBack

Quote from: pauljholden on 23 March, 2017, 11:19:45 AM

Get thee to the Last Movie Watched thread!  But yes, it is a fantastically enjoyable film.

Art

I went after someone described it as basically Death Planet, was not disappointed.

Proudhuff

Strangely has one 'totally avoid' review and one 'loved it' :crazy:, both from peeps I respect.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

P.S. PJ you look nothing like your avatar  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

blackmocco

Quote from: pauljholden on 23 March, 2017, 11:19:45 AM

I utterly, utterly loved Kong. Lots of problems with script (lots of "But.. [character] you're [character's background details we don't know] and [bit of exposition to move us along]!") and many of the characters could've been more interesting / fleshed out, but I was grinning from ear to ear through most of it (and actually burst out laughing at the audacity of some of the bits). So much of it was just stunning to look at too.

Good fun, would double-plus recommend.

(In a peculiar way reminded me of the Rock, stupid, stupid but really fun - it wouldn't for example, be that tough to imagine a world where Tom Hiddlestone's retired SAS officer is, it turns out, actually Sean Connory's disgraced former SAS/British Secret Service officer...)

-pj

I'll gladly echo this endorsement, PJ. It's fucking awesome. Pulpy, loud, stupid, bombastic, beautiful and exciting. Most importantly, it's fun. Cast have virtually nothing to do, but they look like they're having a good time. I had written this off as of the first trailer but I was delighted to be proven wrong. Go fucking see it, you lot. Your inner twelve year old will thank you.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

positronic

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 February, 2017, 12:45:20 PM
The comics been surprisingly good, though it does have quite a disconnect with the film.

I was surprised what a good (and somewhat complex) story the Boom Studios comic turned out to be. Is either the comic or the movie tied into that Joe DeVito illustrated hardcover novel of 10 years ago or so?