Main Menu

Got Wii?

Started by The Amstor Computer, 09 December, 2006, 01:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

I've put the contoller in several non-gamers hands and told them to have a bash at Tennis and basicly sold several Wii's to my friends they liked the feel that much(good luck to them finding one though, none here anymore).
My main problem with it is the online system updates and stuff as I'm not online at home and refuse to get a P.C. can I just hook staraight up without a P.C to set it up, also heard it doesn't use much Bandwidth so if I hook it up can I hook my 360 up too(all this with out a P.C)?.

It is a cute little machine too, so sleek and just love the little angle tray they put it on stops you dropping disc's and stuff.  The HD-DVD player for the 360 looks bigger from the pictures.

Fav Wii Sport game would have to be Bowling, so much fun with mates even if you only have one controller.

CU Radbacker

Banners

:: ... can I just hook staraight up without a P.C to set it up, also heard it doesn't use much Bandwidth so if I hook it up can I hook my 360 up too(all this with out a P.C)?.

Having broadband without having a 'puter seems odd but I think it should be possible, depending on the model. Some routers need to be installed and set up on a PC, whereas some just work from the off.

However, even then you'd want access to the admin screens at some point - though this should be possible on the Wii itself when Opera is available (though you'd need a net connection to get it in rhe firast place!)

Being online seems to be a given to get the whole 360 experience - they're way ahead of everyone else here. Games, demos, movies, chat, webcams, you name it...

It's unlikely you'd have bandwidth problems unless you were downloading huge files to the Wii at the same time as the 360.

Also, can you justify the cost of a broadband subscription (plus the XBox Online subscription) without a PC?

In conclusion, I think you'd need to draw up a shortlist of routers and research this properly.

M@

Meathook

Unfortunately I am yet to own a Wii , but I have played it and it's one helluva machine . The control system is really easy to use , like second nature. Imagine a normal controller say a gamecube one and remove the the middle to make it have two parts , then that's what you have with the Wii controller ( not all the buttons though )it's that simple.I give it a great 10/10 for ease of use. It seems very well constructed and well thought out, three cheers to Nintendo.
Graphically it is not much of an improvement on the Cube but playability and instant addictiveness make up for these shortcomings. Zelda was a joy to play , Excellent!!
I hope to get one ASAP .
Each peach pear plum!

Radbacker

well I've got no choice but to play with my Wii now, my 360 decided it was going to have a major internal meltdown yesterday and is now blinking 3 red lights on the ring thing, and now I've got to send the fucker away to MS to get it repaired, at Xmas peak gaming and mail time.  Still at least I have my Wii to get by.

CU Radbacker

astrojoe

Here's mine:

Astrojoe

5183 0798 7534 1924

See you on Wii!
 :D

The Amstor Computer

Added you to my address book :-)

Pyroxian

Got my Wii now :) Game got a second batch in. Zelda's good fun.

The Amstor Computer

Gi'us yer number, then! I'll fire you across DMiitri Romanov ;-)

Tiplodocus

Pah - PC World quoted me 31st of January - which is no good to man nor beast.

I guess Tiny Tips is going to have a Wii shaped hole under the tree...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Pyroxian

Not got online yet - need to buy a wireless router 1st...

Meathook

So how many of you have broken the wrist strap yet? I think that you would have to be playing like an animal to break it!

Link: http://www.wiidamage.com/" target="_blank">Arrgh it hurts!!!

Each peach pear plum!

Tiplodocus

Pah - PC World quoted me 31st of January - which is no good to man nor beast.

I guess Tiny Tips is going to have a Wii shaped hole under the tree...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Meathook

Who eye has the Wii damage?

Link: http://www.wiidamage.com/page/2/" target="_blank">More Damage

Each peach pear plum!

Tex Hex

Bah! I caved and bought Twilight Princess for the gamecube. Damn Wii shortage!

It's Ultra-sweet!

-hex

The Amstor Computer

Ace - the Forecast Channel just went live. It's fairly simple, but it's really nicely designed & could prove surprisingly useful.