Main Menu

Day of Chaos 2: a.Covid-19 thread.

Started by TordelBack, 05 March, 2020, 08:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

One suggestion - change the 'A' in "City of the Damned" to an 'O'.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 May, 2020, 04:15:06 PM
One suggestion - change the 'A' in "City of the Damned" to an 'O'.

Genius.

Done.

Colin YNWA

Oh they didn't think it was possible - but it gets BETTER!!!!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 May, 2020, 05:15:23 PM
Oh they didn't think it was possible - but it gets BETTER!!!!

Took the words right out of my, er, keyboard.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

TordelBack

So with the FT's detailed analysis of excess deaths from C19, the UK now has the worst per capita death toll in the world.  People shouting 'but China is lying' should first wonder why they are comparing a wealthy western nation with China, and then consider how China would have had to cover up 1.3 million deaths to match the UK rate.

Absolutely tragic. That the whole government isn't already hanging from lampposts is a testament to .... I don't know what.

Rately

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 May, 2020, 08:55:41 AM
So with the FT's detailed analysis of excess deaths from C19, the UK now has the worst per capita death toll in the world.  People shouting 'but China is lying' should first wonder why they are comparing a wealthy western nation with China, and then consider how China would have had to cover up 1.3 million deaths to match the UK rate.

Absolutely tragic. That the whole government isn't already hanging from lampposts is a testament to .... I don't know what.

Just horrifying.

A tragic, preventable loss of life on a major scale. To watch the daily briefings, and some in the press, you would think it was all going to plan. Cynically, maybe for some in the Tory party, and among their donors, it is.

IndigoPrime

They're fighting a PR war. That's all it is to them at this point. The one good thing is that the public en masse appears to be seeing through it to some extent. The polling shift is almost unprecedented, and the Tory lead has dropped around nine points. It's still not enough: that result would suggest a majority of 20–30, unless the Lib Dems have also had a bounce. (If Con 44 and Lab 38 also has Lib 12 rather than ~7, that's probably enough to tip the scales. Or Con 42/Lab 40 would swing it as well.)

I'm just happy we have the internet. If not, this lot would be able to go full 1984 on COVID and everything else, rather than just trying to convince everyone they don't believe their own ears and eyes.

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 May, 2020, 09:29:26 AM
I'm just happy we have the internet. If not, this lot would be able to go full 1984 on COVID and everything else, rather than just trying to convince everyone they don't believe their own ears and eyes.

And true friend to the UK Trump is working on that one as we speak.

Rately

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 May, 2020, 09:29:26 AM
They're fighting a PR war. That's all it is to them at this point. The one good thing is that the public en masse appears to be seeing through it to some extent. The polling shift is almost unprecedented, and the Tory lead has dropped around nine points. It's still not enough: that result would suggest a majority of 20–30, unless the Lib Dems have also had a bounce. (If Con 44 and Lab 38 also has Lib 12 rather than ~7, that's probably enough to tip the scales. Or Con 42/Lab 40 would swing it as well.)

That people can compare the numbers, and still not see the catastrophe of a response from the Government frightens me.

I only hope that the majority of people now see the Tory party for what they are.

Rately

I can't believe Matt Hancock's conduct during his interview with Kay Burley. Just disgusting.

They really are the worst people. 

JayzusB.Christ

I've just seen the clip. Truly deplorable.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rately

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 May, 2020, 12:51:00 PM
I've just seen the clip. Truly deplorable.

Just unbelievable. If you were his SPAD, you would surely nip the fecker the minute that interview had finished up. The arrogance, nonchalance and superior attitude. Christ.

Disgusting. They really have no concept of the suffering and horror they have helped bring about. They'll get away with it, too. I have no doubt of that.

TordelBack

There has to be some swift charlie action going on before that interview, surely?  Feck, when you make a chat with Kay Burley on Sky News look like hard-nosed investigative journalism you must know you've lost the thread entirely.  There was nothing in Thick Of It to prepare us for this.

I'm very conscious that the previously-bottomless slops tray of the Tory party has been drained into a half-pint glass to create the current cabinet, but is there really, truly, no-one else available other than these clowns? I used to wince with anticipated embarrassment when Irish politicians showed up on international TV, but even Ahern at his most hands-in-raincoat-pockets-looking-for-the-Paddy-Power-pencil or Cowen at his most hung-over-waiting-for-the-offy-to-open were never as outrageously disgraceful as what the UK is sending out to represent it now.

moly

So we had a letter in the post a few week ago inviting our daughter aged 9 to have a covid19 test. My daughter has been at home self isolating for 6 weeks and me and my wife have social distancing and only my wife has been out to do the weekly shopping. Test has come back that she is positive so this would mean we all have it.

So be careful we have had no symptoms luckily but at the same time it's like a huge weight has been lifted as my anxiety level were high