Main Menu

Prison Camps/Detentions/Dungeons etc

Started by chiefy2shoes, 04 November, 2016, 10:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefy2shoes

I'm off to the Thought Bubble comic convention this weekend and am hoping to get some more sketches done towards my 9 panel grids (as seen in the commissions thread). The sketches are mugs shot and each 'prisoner' is holding up a board stating their name and where they are being held. Quick question. For my 2000 ad themed one I am picking classic villains. Ideally I only want one Dredd villain and I already have that as my first panel of 9 which is Kraken by Will Simpson. For the others I'm thinking of:

Torquemada
Max Bubba
Claw Carver
Dr Orlando Doyle
The Lord Weird
Obmoz
The Traitor General

I need one more but more importantly I need suggestions on where each prisoner should be being held captive. As an example, for Kraken I have the Iso Cubes. Also, I know I could do this myself but to save time, I need the year of their forst appearance.

Any help appreciated. (plus one more villain needed)

Steve Green

Max Bubba - Canterbury Keep
Torquemada - Arachnos Penal Colony

Eamonn Clarke

I can't claim to be a 2000AD historian (witness my performance in the 15 to 1 quiz at Lawgiver 3)
but here is what comicbookdb says:

Torquemada Prog 167 1980
Max Bubba Prog 445 1985
Claw Carver Prog 4 1977
Dr Orlando Doyle Prog 1313 2002
The Lord Weird Prog 337 1983
Obmoz Prog 1740 2011
The Traitor General Prog 390 1984

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Well firstly if it was for the fact that I've met Chief a few times now and know he's a very decent chap that thread title would have been a little bit scarey!

Anyway to the subject at hand may I suggest Old One Eye and or Big Hungry - cos ya know dinosaurs.

sheridan

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 04 November, 2016, 11:30:02 AM
I can't claim to be a 2000AD historian (witness my performance in the 15 to 1 quiz at Lawgiver 3)
but here is what comicbookdb says:

There's no way the Traitor General's first appearance is that late.  I'd put it mid-200s, without referring to the progs.

The others all look about right though.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sheridan on 04 November, 2016, 07:38:38 PM
Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 04 November, 2016, 11:30:02 AM
There's no way the Traitor General's first appearance is that late.  I'd put it mid-200s, without referring to the progs.

Prog 236, innit? I have to confess to not quite understanding what the references are for, though...  :o
@jamesfeistdraws

Eamonn Clarke

After a quick dash to the MCBC cave computer I find that the TG is probably first called that in 236 Ascent to Buzzard Three part 1, but we don't know which of the four generals Rogue finds up there is the one.

His first appearance with the infamous face that launched a thousand chips looks to be in the last panel of The Maurauders part 1 in Prog 282.

Hope I've got that right

chiefy2shoes

Here's why I need the years. They go on the bottom of the boards the characters are holding up.

Tjm86

I'm with Eamonn.  That is my recollection, although he does appear before the Marauders in person.  He is one of the staff at the prison Rogue infiltrates not long after the Buzzard 3 episode (Prog 251/2).  He is seen in profile in the background rather than clearly. 

One of the Nort's in the Scum Sea episode refers to him as 'the man in your army' and points him to Admiral Hoffa.  Hoffa simply mentions the man on Buzzard 3.  Rogue tells the generals that the traitor is a general on Buzzard 3 but there's no indication of where he got that information from he makes that leap from Hoffa's vague comment (which is an odd one to be making to a lowly guard).  Although we see all the generals it is never made clear who he is.

AlexF

Other villain contenders (and sticking with the theme of only one per strip, no Dredd):

Volkhan (Prog 2007 in, errr, 2006)
Tsar Vladimir the Conqueror (Prog 1035 1997)
La Voisin (aka Queen of the Zombies) (Prog 1589, I think, 2008)
Captain Constanta (Prog 152 1980)
The God Droid (not sure exactly which prog, but also in 1980)
Cinnabar Brenneka (Prog 1567 I think; 2008)
Masterman (Prog 535 1987)

Tjm86

Seriously:  no Harry Twenty?  Circa prog 300

Also D R & Quinch (may Alan forgive me). Similar time.

Also Dan Dare was arrested a couple of times, does that count?

sheridan

Quote from: AlexF on 05 November, 2016, 06:56:21 AM
Masterman (Prog 535 1987)
Or Iok Sotot - would have to be imprisoned in one of those pyramid crystal things.

chiefy2shoes