Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 09 May, 2019, 09:39:08 PM
... or this one (man I love this one!)

Got this one its from Elephant Men 46, missed it on my first look through.

Colin YNWA

Right I'll post a couple of favourites up here and if you like um and want to see more just sing cos there is more and they are all wonderful!

From Cowboys and Insects. Two picture the art itself, then the art next to the final published comic so you can see the quite insane levels of effort that have gone into making this comic, this is just one panel!

With comic

Colin YNWA

Colin YNWA

Sussed where the previous Shaky Kane images came from. The last one being from Bulletproof Coffin and I'd just missed it!. Anyway I double dipped on Shaky Kane's WONDERFUL off and have a few more which I can't place. Any help with these very welcome. First one I thought was from Bulletproof but I was wrong!

Link Prime

Nice stuff.
I'd love to see Shaky back in the Prog.

ming

A few more McCarthy bits and pieces...

Captain Cracking (for a Channel 4 TV series pitch dealing with a history of comics); "Invited by the UKs Channel 4 to submit a pitch for a TV series about comics, we decided to use Captain Cracking as a camp narrative hook.  The idea was for Captain Cracking to steer his ship, the Hatter, though pages of classic comics whilst giving us a disjointed history of the medium.  Channel 4 passed, and Tank Girl punched the captain out of spite"

Unused Paradax villains:  "Dr. Peep was a demented feminist who ran a peep show that, when viewed, turned men into pigs.  Beetle Six, a boomer stuck in a sixties time warp, looked like a collision between Yellow Submarine and The Prisoner."

The Spider of Warning (from the covers of Strange Days):

Wash You...

The Odd Squad

Colin YNWA

Razorbrain is wonderful and terrifying.

ming

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 May, 2020, 10:28:38 AM
Razorbrain is wonderful and terrifying.

RazorBrain seems to be pretty much lifted from O'Rotten, from Milligan & McCarthy's 1978 / 1979 Elecktrick Hoax strip...  However, your point remains entirely valid!

http://www.djfood.org/the-electric-hoax-pt-6/

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 09 May, 2019, 09:37:55 PM
Little help please. Recently Shaky Kane had a ridiculously fantastic offer via Facebook. Which I jumped on and got 10 (and more) of his piece - bit like Carlos he draws each panel seperately, or even elements ... anyway trust me ypu'll be seeing quite a lot about all that over the next few days. ANYWAY I know where lots of it comes from but there's two I can't place and I was wondering if you fine folks could help.

Do you know where this image comes from...

Out of context there's something very Shade the Changing Man / Woman / Girl about that image.

Colin YNWA

Got this one a while ago but its taken me a while to get my ComicArtFans page updated cos... well I'm lazy. Another gorious Arthur Ranson page - this time with Danger Car and most importantly Baron Greenback. Only the Frog's Head Flyer to go.

Colin YNWA

And another 'Lockdown'(ish) page. I seem to be spending all the money I save working from home on this stuff. Anyway love this page which arrived today (so no my photo). Its MASSIVE and on really thick heavy card. Love the sound affect, for the portrait of Colin Baker in panel 3. Love Frobisher. But most of all love the way the movement through thoe last two panels really give the lurking sea beastis a sense of slowly moving out of its hiding place.

Beautiful page.

Greg M.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 November, 2020, 11:40:12 AM
Its MASSIVE and on really thick heavy card.
Ridgway's pages are all like that as far as I can tell - big and stiff. (Fnar fnar.) Great art - there's a school of thought that calls his Sixth Doctor work the highlight of his career. He certainly loved doing it (whilst Parkhouse was writing, in particular.)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 02 November, 2020, 12:18:20 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 November, 2020, 11:40:12 AM
Its MASSIVE and on really thick heavy card.
Ridgway's pages are all like that as far as I can tell - big and stiff. (Fnar fnar.) Great art - there's a school of thought that calls his Sixth Doctor work the highlight of his career. He certainly loved doing it (whilst Parkhouse was writing, in particular.)

Yeah setting aside Deadman I can certainly agree with that. The Parkhouse stuff was great but the Morrison stuff doesn't hold up on re-read to me.

ming

I rarely have any new art to show and when I do it's almost always Brendan McCarthy, sorry.  Still, here's a couple of recent-ish bits - a pair of unused colour variants of the cover he did for Mr X back in the late 80's*, plus a couple of other pieces (I love that weird crab-train).

* I think these were created by repeatedly using colour Xeroxes; not original art as such but that's the way they were put together back in the day.  Brendan just signed and dated them before passing them on.

Colin YNWA

I do adore those Mr X images. I picked up some collections of Mr X stuff a while and ago and they are steadily working their way to the top of the pile (spreadsheet) I'm really looking forward to reading them as I remember loving the bits I had back in the day. Well loving and being baffled by in equal measure as I recall.