Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitahane

Wow ! that's incredibly good !
I especially love the last frame of the second page and the whole third.
Your lights are really nice and the "blood fog" is just brilliant !
I'm a fan !

puggdogg

Those are great Cpt Rhodes. I wish I could paint as cool as that.

This is my first ever published comic book work. It's cover B to The Phantom: Ghost Who Walks #3 which was published last year sometime by Moonstone Books. Looking at it now I'd have drawn the lines differently. I'm also a lot better at colouring comics than I was back then.

CrazyFoxMachine

Ashamed as I am to post this after all that wonderful painted work (gorgeous stuff, boys) - here is my very own USELESS MACHINE

"A small person watches the TARDIS on a hover telly/stool - inconveniencing a bobbing bird of some description - whose movement encourages affixed cheese to arouse the attentions of a nearby conveyormouse who runs and runs but ends up - with affixed fluffsticks - bothering a cat below."

Kerrin

Great stuff folks. Love the book production piece Ryan and the Captains painting is a joy to behold as ever. Aaargh-haargh!, I'll be so disappointed if it turns out you're not really a pirate Cap'n.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Cpt Rhodes true professionalism shines through but the others, particularly CrazyFoxmachine's dead cat are great too.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Cpt Rhodes

Cheers for the comments folks.
It's good to get to show some of this non 2000ad art to a wider audience.
Here's a couple for anyone old enough to remember the early days of VHS.

"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war!"

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Thats good enough to eat. Im liking this thread lots  :D
Never rub another mans rhubarb

IAMTHESYSTEM

'You!. You can run -but you can't hide!'

Great work Cpt Rhodes the MadMax series were among the best action flicks of the 80's. Well maybe the first two were. :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Cpt Rhodes on 07 June, 2010, 08:11:10 PM
Cheers for the comments folks.
It's good to get to show some of this non 2000ad art to a wider audience.
Here's a couple for anyone old enough to remember the early days of VHS.

"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war!"

I am not the biggest fan of artwork that is done digitally but i like this a lot because it has a sort of finely painted look about it.Not only that its dynamic and full of energy and then theres the coloring......

I have no idea how you do this and i wouldnt even bother explaining because i am a complete Luddite when it comes to comic art.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Cpt Rhodes

Cheers Peter Wolf

The non-digital, painted look is what I was hoping to achieve.
Glad to hear I'm heading in the right direction with it.

mygrimmbrother

I had to have a bash at inking and colouring Kev's most recent 15 minute Dredd-head, as it was so darn good.

CrazyFoxMachine

Fiery - absolutely gorgeous ink/colouring here fella :D

Cpt Rhodes

Kerrin

That's great colouring Matt. The depth you've brought out in his chin and neck is very well done. Mind you, that is a doozy of a chin Kev's come up with there.

mygrimmbrother

Thanks guys, it was such a joy to do. And Kev's drawing a dredd strip for Zarjaz!