Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

Simon the line work and colouring on that character are truly outstanding, you've surpassed yourself!

Why's the other image in violation of Photobucket, you been drawing willies again :-)

Didn't get much of mine done last night, too much real world work, life and family to deal with (like getting home to a red haired teenage daughter and a purple headed wife - female bonding with a splash of colour.)

Cpt Rhodes - I am going to colour it, and I'm thinking of doing a few of these and basing them on sketches from the field, a collection of soldier's sketches from an alternate history set in the 1950's where WW2 is still on-going and technology has advanced. Colours wise I'm thinking of desertising the armour and setting the sketch in North Africa...

SIP

Cheers folks!

I can't take credit for the design on either character - these are other peoples original characters that I have been commissioned to draw.

I agree though that the design work on the second, dark haired, character is really good - but you REALLY wouldn't want to draw a comic strip with her in. Had to hand draw all the tattoos and you would get fed up with that pretty quickly.

As to why did photobucket disallow the first picture.....god knows.  Here it is again.....no naughty bits on display!
Just Photobucket and it's usual oddness.

I'm not really keen on the colour scheme on this one...but again, the design isn't mine and I had to keep to the brief.

Quite liked the pose though so I did a quick conversion to Supergirl for a laugh (though she is a little too 'well endowed'). I'm not sure if I will ever finish it but who knows. Was going to have her sitting on a cloud if I did.

Why so many pictures of Super Girl I hear you ask?

Well, it seems to be a GUARANTEED way to achieve a LOT of traffic when posting to DeviantArt and is good for getting a bit of exposure!

Make of that what you will!

:)

davethomson

Quote from: Simon Penter on 19 November, 2010, 09:38:19 AM
Well, it seems to be a GUARANTEED way to achieve a LOT of traffic when posting to DeviantArt and is good for getting a bit of exposure!

Draw a sexy night elf from World of Warcraft and you'll be raking in the hits on deviantart. I did one years ago for an art contest by Blizzard and uploaded it to dA. Since then I have had a neverending stream of 14 year old americans faving it.

They don't give a shit about anything else I have done though. :'(
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

staticgirl

I get the Wiccans faving my mythological work especial 'Forest lord' and The Morrigan. The kids go for the meerkats. Teenage Girls go mental for the 8 pages of Wuthering Heights I have done (One day i will carry on with that, one day...)

LARF

Quote from: davethomson on 19 November, 2010, 11:58:41 AM
Quote from: Simon Penter on 19 November, 2010, 09:38:19 AM

Draw a sexy night elf from World of Warcraft and you'll be raking in the hits on deviantart. I did one years ago for an art contest by Blizzard and uploaded it to dA. Since then I have had a neverending stream of 14 year old americans faving it.

They don't give a shit about anything else I have done though. :'(

Oh come on you can't just tell us about it without putting up a picture!

We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! We want sexy night elf! etc.

davethomson

Oh alright, LARF. I'll put it up for you, not just because you asked so nicely but because I butchered one of your stickman comics. :-[

I have grown to hate this pic over the years and would delete from my dA account but then I wouldn't get any hits.
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

uncle fester

Oh so THAT'S how you get DA traffic... Nice pic though Dave :) Shame the hordes over there don't go for your other stuff.

LARF

Quote from: davethomson on 19 November, 2010, 12:58:37 PM
Oh alright, LARF. I'll put it up for you, not just because you asked so nicely but because I butchered one of your stickman comics. :-[

I have grown to hate this pic over the years and would delete from my dA account but then I wouldn't get any hits.

Ha, ha, ha - gotcha!  :D

Brilliant illustration, love the detail on the clothing and the colouring is sublime :-)

staticgirl

*drools over Sexy Night Elf's boots*

exilewood

Quote from: staticgirl on 19 November, 2010, 01:34:02 PM
*drools over Sexy Night Elf's boots*

She looks like she'd enjoy that.

You might say she'd get a 'kick' out of it. No?....I'll get me coat...

SIP

Nice!!  Very nice colour job.

And YES , I am (almost) ashamed to admit it but that does seem to be the way to get hits .  Any of my 2000ad pictures on there get a fraction of the hits and comments that the slightly dressed women pictures get .

It's got me some Christmas spends in commission work so im happy to play.

I would also be lying if I said i didn't enjoy it!

Cpt Rhodes

Simon, love the Supergirl pic and Dave, the elf is beautifully painted.

davethomson

Thanks everyone, you all sure know how to cheer up a chap. Especially you LARF, that reworking of my pic goes above and beyond what I ever thought could be done with it. :lol:

LARF

vzzbux

Simon that Super girl demands to be finished/coloured. It would be a crime not to.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.