Main Menu

this weeks dredd 1790, wrong episode?

Started by Eme, 30 June, 2012, 10:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthulouis

That final episode did have a big picture of Dredd slouched over bemoaning his city was dead, which kind of fits that description. True, there were other panels on the page, but that's one of the many great things about Wagner; value for money!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: A.Cow on 02 July, 2012, 04:02:06 PM
I just re-read the end of Chaos Day and realised what was missing: a one-page final establishing shot.

I think from that perspective the picture of Dredd at the end of Prog 1788 is meant to be just that type of image? So the episode in 1789 serves as an epilogue? That's they way I'm now seeing it, but need to go back and do a re-read.

opaque

I thought it was a rather good one addressing a lot of the little bits and pieces that need to be addressed for the long term but I can see why some people might think it a bit odd. My opinion is that although we got the great Dredd shocked etc bits that wasn't enough, maybe a double strip was needed one week maybe? Or just something 'more' to take it in. The 350 million dead was more of a throwaway line, at least with the end of the Southern Sectors getting nuked out we had a Judge going nuts to show it's importance ;)

But then we need the progression into the aftermath and this is a good first step.
If you think about it that's a good way of expanding the Judges ranks. You don't need trained Judges being the bean counters, you need accountants, maybe this is moving to the privatisation of administrative services in MC1? ;)

For me now it's where we go, not how it was done. So much opportunity. I wonder how much of this was known or is now known by other writers and artists who will be doing Dredd world stories?