Main Menu

THE 2000AD MESSAGE BOARD ADVENT CALENDAR 2014!!!

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2014, 11:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Here's a Christmas present I wish I could have unwrapped 36 years ago.

Happy Christmas one and all. I know some of you can be right cockwombles at times but genuine best wishes to you and your kin.

My little brother actually built this. You can go see more of his toys on Facebook in the Monkeytron Collective
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Albion

Once again I've decided to make a decoration for the Christmas tree.
With no experience at painting this sort of thing, very cheap crappy brushes and a spare Marvel Kinder egg figure, I give you this on this 10th advent day........

Merry Christmas everyone.  :D
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Eamonn Clarke

While we're waiting here's another window with a crappy bit of confectionery behind it. My poorly iced GingerDredd man.

JayzusB.Christ

Right then.  Apologies for the delay, but here are my offerings:

First of all, here's the Dredd window painting I promised - it's on Kennedy's of Pearse St, Dublin.  (I've credited the characters to 2000ad and Rebellion on the window; hope Tharg is ok with that!)

But that's only your small present.  Here's your main one:

As you may or may not know, I paint pictures on windows for special occasions.  This year, I've decided to hide some tiny 2000ad references in the paintings, making Dublin a sort of giant daVinci code puzzle (without a fraction of Dan Brown's complexity or shitness) for 2000ad fans.  There are 5 references - your job is to spot them all. Rather than have you traipse around Dublin city like a thrill-powered Leopold Bloom, though, I'll put photos of them here.

There is a prize - details later.  Simply PM me the number of the picture you've found the reference in, and a description of it.  I'll put the name of anyone with all correct answers into a hat and pick one.

The prize:  You'll get an ornamental plate, adorned with the only decent bit of 2000ad fan art I've ever done - Dredd and Hammerstein.  It's something that no Squaxx can be without, but sadly will be, because there's only one.  Unfortunately I don't think it'll arrive before Christmas but at least it'll brighten up the miserable January days.

Merry Christmas - you people are by far the best on the internet.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Oops! Forgot to say, you've got till the 17th of December to PM me.  So take your time!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

David Broughton

+++ STAND BY +++ ESTABLISHING LINK +++ PAGE 1 OF 13 +++

+++ DATA INPUT RENEWED +++ PAGE 2 OF 13 +++

+++ ROGUE TROOPER SEQUENCE FROM TEAM ZARJAZ CONTINUES TOMORROW +++

Jon

Given the incredibly generous and lovingly crafted offerings here this "card" now feels a little underwhelming, but heartfelt and genuine Christmas wishes to you all!

(By contrast, here's the one the nonscrots are getting;)

And Grud bless us, every one!

David Broughton

+++ DATA LINK ESTABLISHED +++ PAGE 3 OF 13 +++

CrazyFoxMachine

A day late but just as deathly - a collaboration between SKD and me!

" The spirit of Christmas is festering away in a maggot ridden corpse. Tis the season to be gloomy!" Says SKD :D

David Broughton

+++ STAND BY +++ ESTABLISHING LINK +++ PAGE 4 OF 13 +++

David Broughton

+++ DATA LINK ONLINE +++ PAGE 5 OF 13 +++

David Broughton

+++ DATA LINK RENEWED ++  CONTINUANCE FOLLOWS +++ PAGE 6 OF 13 +++

Jacqusie

Sorry Mods -I posted on here in error, please delete!

:-[

pictsy

David Broughton

+++ DATA LINK ESTABLISHED +++ PAGE 7 OF 13 +++