Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: pictsy on 04 February, 2021, 12:07:12 AM

It is clumsy, stupid, juvenile and stars Rob Schneider.

Never thought I would see that particular sentence on the 2000AD Forum.

pictsy

Quote from: Link Prime on 04 February, 2021, 04:21:06 PM
Quote from: pictsy on 04 February, 2021, 12:07:12 AM

It is clumsy, stupid, juvenile and stars Rob Schneider.

Never thought I would see that particular sentence on the 2000AD Forum.

I don't know whether it's sad or funny, but I forgot that film exists.  Now I don't know how to feel about being reminded about it ;)

Smith

The Replacements. Probably the second greatest sports movie ever.

pictsy

Quote from: Smith on 05 February, 2021, 07:30:05 AM

What's the greatest?

Bolt-01

TordelBack

Smith

Quote from: pictsy on 05 February, 2021, 09:13:49 AM

What's the greatest?
Mean Machine,ofc.

Bolt-01

TordelBack

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 February, 2021, 10:05:57 AM
Cool Runnings

Every time this movie is mentioned I think back to when Michael Jackson died. I was working in a pub, and we had his funeral on the telly. When they were bearing his pall down the street, a punter walked in and said "Awesome! Cool Runnings is on!"
You may quote me on that.

milstar

I thought it's Bull Durham

Jennifer 8 (1992)

Imo, severely underrated thriller from the director of my 2nd favorite UK film (that is Whitnail & I). Andy Garcia, Uma Thurman and Lance Henriksen star. Garcia is a cop who (rightfully) believes that there is serial killer on the loose, who target blind women. What complicates the matter is that nobody in the force believes him, also he falls for a blind girl, played by Uma Thurman. As a movie, the only flaws I could find is that is stretched a bit, clocked at just over 2 hrs. Christmas Eve party lasts for a while (usually, these scenes get trimmed in the cutting room). Also, the movie break up somewhat in the last 10-15 minutes. The ending seems a bit rushed. On a brighter note, characters are top notch. Colorful and interesting. John Malkovich also appears, albeit briefly, his role should at least be nominated for Oscar. He plays asshole on the job who is totally clueless about what is going on. As if someone called him and said:"we have a few scenes and we need someone who chews the scenery". Dialogues are another high point. Witty, clean and precise. The exchanges between Garcia and Malkovich are one of the greatest I've ever seen in cinema. There are also few memorable scenes, such when Garcia and Henriksen are searching for the killer (this comes right up after excessively long Christmas Eve party) ; very creepy, as if you watch a nail-biting slasher. Jennifer 8 is not a masterpiece, but I think the reception it got was harsh.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.