Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid - QUARTERS - Mike McMahon or Massimo Belardinelli

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 January, 2021, 06:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixmo

Quote from: BPP on 27 January, 2021, 06:09:58 PM

That's just saying 'I don't like belatdinelli's Dredd' (which is fair enough) but seriously underplaying the humour, alien-ness and unique strangeness Belardinelli brought to everything he touched. Can I imagine Ace Trucking by anyone else? No.

Well, I've got to choose one of them! I did back Massimo's weirdyness last round vs Bolland. I think a McMahon Ace Trucking would be better than a Belardinelli Dredd and that's how I flipped the coin in the end. These decisions are not getting any easier!

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Magnetica

Quote from: sixmo on 27 January, 2021, 05:53:18 PM.
I'm also after realising who the last pairing in the Classic Artists quarter-finals are... good grud! Shenanigans ahead!

Yes that is just wrong...I had picked that for the final....there is going to be a big casualty in that one 😱

maryanddavid

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Well assuming I don't throw my toys out the pram and storm off home to sulk now my favourite artist is out I'll be back in the morning to count this one up, so get any votes in today.

TordelBack

This is officially the hardest choice yet. These two drew my favourite comics stories of all time, and each surrounded those milestones with an ocean of completely unique work.

O Lucky Stevie!

Mick is hands down one of the finest Artists to have ever graced the medium but my gut is telling me to go with Massive.

So it's Bellardinelli for me.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well both of these have had tough draws so far and both have been favored over some astonishing, loved artists. So when they were drawn together it was always going to be incredibly difficult. Massimo has gone through against an artist who grew on the page alongside Mike McMahon, when he shocked everyone (well me!) by pulling more votes than Brian Bolland. This time however

Mike McMahon

and the seminal work he's done in the Prog was finally a vote to far.