Started by radiator, 20 October, 2016, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Tenchu's the only decent stealth game!
We never really die.

radiator

Quote from: I, Cosh on 20 March, 2018, 09:06:09 PM
Tenchu's the only decent stealth game!

Go back and play it right now, then let me know if you still stand by that...  :D

Keef Monkey

Mark of The Ninja was brilliant! Just spotted that The Banner Saga 1-3 are coming to Switch later in the year. They're really good games, lovely art style and music and really well suited to mobile play. I played the first on my phone and the second on my Xbox while wishing it was on my phone! It's turn-based strategy which isn't a genre I'm usually that into (mainly because I suck at them) but for the most part I found it pretty accessible, other than a couple of pretty insane late-game difficulty spikes. Those spikes might not be as apparent to someone more well versed in that style of game though.

Not something I'd normally have played, but the atmosphere is so unique and absorbing that I was sucked right in. I don't actually own a Switch, but it's nice that people who do will get to play these on a platform so well suited!

radiator

They weren't formally announced in yesterday's presentation, but Hyper Light Drifter and Nidhogg 2 have also both been confirmed for Switch (yes!).

jacob g

HLD is kind of big deal for me. As a fan of Drifter I was hoping for Switch port since Switch premiere.

Damn, I like my Switch as a exclusive titles/indie machine only, couldn't care less about AAA multiports.
margaritas ante porcos

radiator

Quote from: jacob g on 21 March, 2018, 07:15:20 PM
HLD is kind of big deal for me. As a fan of Drifter I was hoping for Switch port since Switch premiere.

Damn, I like my Switch as a exclusive titles/indie machine only, couldn't care less about AAA multiports.

Me too, on both points.

There's really very little going on on the AAA side of things that interests me much these days, tbh. I can only really think of the upcoming Red Dead sequel when it comes to non-Switch titles that interest me.

jacob g

Quote from: radiator on 21 March, 2018, 07:53:34 PMI can only really think of the upcoming Red Dead sequel when it comes to non-Switch titles that interest me.

Cuz my new found love for japanese games there are few more things on my wishlist (Ni No Kuni II and Yakuza 6 on top spots).
margaritas ante porcos

Link Prime

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 21 March, 2018, 10:02:18 AM
I don't actually own a Switch

You'll cave in soon enough, Keef.

The recent Easter eShop sale was great- picked up half a dozen titles at a reduced price.
So far I've only sampled the gorgeous and recommend Fe from my haul- Stardew Valley addiction is still at morphine levels.

James Stacey

I got Thimbleweed Park as it was 1/2 price. Man that's a hard game. I may have sneaked a look at a the hints once or twice.

Timothy

I'm peeved I missed Thimbleweed Park at half price. I will just have to play more Zelda until it comes around again.

Apestrife

Thimbleweed Park, does it play well on the switch? Saw it's getting a limited physical release on the system :)

James Stacey

It works better in handheld using the touch screen but is more than playable with the pro-con

Apestrife

Quote from: James Stacey on 10 April, 2018, 04:26:10 PM
It works better in handheld using the touch screen but is more than playable with the pro-con

Good to know. Thanks :)

Timothy

I caved and bought it at full price. It's not as funny as Monkey Island, but it's got bags of style and the puzzles are meaty enough to challenge. I have not had to use the hint line yet.

Apestrife

Quote from: Timothy on 30 April, 2018, 02:50:10 PM
I caved and bought it at full price. It's not as funny as Monkey Island, but it's got bags of style and the puzzles are meaty enough to challenge. I have not had to use the hint line yet.

There's an actual hint line to the game? :D

I got KORG Device the other day. Music making application. Has 18 digital fully analog synthesizer, each with 20-40 presets. Having an amazing time with this. Creating beats to play guitar to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q0WJ6VeV40